ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gear stick!!

Dont think its a major problem but ive noticed my gear stick moves quite a bit when i put my down and when i come off the gas. It doesnt pop out of gear or anything, but, my car is under warranty so if something needs replacing then i should get it done. Is this normal for clios(16v), these are the bits covered by my warranty;

MANUAL GEARBOX;
Internal gears,synchromesh hubs,selectors,shafts,bearings and bushes and transfer gears.

Is there anything in this list (could it be the bearings) that would tighten it up a bit?...........

Simple, you need the lower engine/gearbox mount (dogbone mount)replacing, I had this problem on my valver, replaced the mount and its sorted, peace of p*ss to change as well.

Cheers, Simon

I just checked to see if i could rock the engine and that seemed ok got a slight movement when i revved it but that seems normal ill get it up in the air tomorrow and inspect it, nice one.....