ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox arm

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
I have an issue whete the vertical arm (one that leaks at the seal) in the gearbox is sticking when selecting first, second and reverse,up position at the box.

Reverse is very hard, have to push the lever over and select, I've disconnected the linkage to rule that out and confirm that the arm itself is sticking in position within the box, it takes a good pull to deselect.

All gears work with no crunches etc, I covered 300mile or so yesterday and it was fine, had it flat out on a little stretch in fifth at the end and the problem arose after that when coming to a roundabout and trying to select second,I'm fairly certain something inside the box on the arm has came loose/detached, anyone had this issue?

Where's best to send box if it requires repaired, was thinking Pure Motorsport?

Thanks

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I have an issue whete the vertical arm (one that leaks at the seal) in the gearbox is sticking when selecting first, second and reverse,up position at the box.

Reverse is very hard, have to push the lever over and select, I've disconnected the linkage to rule that out and confirm that the arm itself is sticking in position within the box, it takes a good pull to deselect.

All gears work with no crunches etc, I covered 300mile or so yesterday and it was fine, had it flat out on a little stretch in fifth at the end and the problem arose after that when coming to a roundabout and trying to select second,I'm fairly certain something inside the box on the arm has came loose/detached, anyone had this issue?

Where's best to send box if it requires repaired, was thinking Pure Motorsport?

Thanks
Does the gear lever return to the centre on its own when wiggled side to side?

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Does the gear lever return to the centre on its own when wiggled side to side?
From 5th to centre yes,not from 1st or reverse, you need to pull it over, the pivot in the gearbox is stiff when pushing it up, the linkage and spring etc are all good.

Not sure how they look inside the box above that pivot arm, I'm guessing something is misaligned after my spirited drive, apart from being stiff it's fine, it's just likely whatever has gone wrong could get worse when the oul is hot, as last night it was very stiff when I got home.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
I've drained oil and removed the reverse sensor, not seeing anything, be a pain to strip it down just for a nylon bush or something daft. It's on 66k and doesn't weep from the usual seal.