ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox bearing.

Williams
Sounds like a bearing has gone in my Williams 2. Not too sure where its coming from though. I've been under the car and it sounds like its coming from the part where the two drive shafts go into.... The Gearbox? Or is it the Differential?

Anyone else had the same problem? Could it be my CV joint? Is it a new gearbox job? Cheers all.

Sounds like a bearing has gone in my Williams 2. Not too sure where its coming from though. I've been under the car and it sounds like its coming from the part where the two drive shafts go into.... The Gearbox? Or is it the Differential?

Anyone else had the same problem? Could it be my CV joint? Is it a new gearbox job? Cheers all.

Use your hand to feel the gearbox when the wheels are spinning one wheel at a time see if you feel any vibrations

Williams
I've already done that, And where the two drive shafts go into the Gearbox its coming from that. (Is that the gearbox or the differential?) Whats the avalibility on bearings if it was one inside either the gearbox or diff'? Easy to get hold of or will it write the box' off?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
The shafts go into the diff'.

It would be easier to fit a new box to be honest as bearing and seal kits are £150+ then they need to be fitted.

Williams
Whats it like trying to get hold of a new gearbox? reccomended to do this? Is the Dif a seperate unit to the gearbox?

2005 clio 182 cup f1
I have a loud rattling coming from the gearbox which progrssively got worse. Inspection has shown so far that it was the counter shaft bearing. Let me know if it was the same problem when you inspect. How many km's are you up to?