ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox/ clutch problem??

Expression 1.2 16v
Hi people !

I have a 1.2 2002 Clio.

I have a few problems and wondered if anyone could tell me what causes them. Any help would be much appreciated.

I don't know if there related but;

1. Car smells strong of oil when used over 10 minutes +
2. Very Hard to put in 1st gear. (Most time I can get in to 1st by going into 2nd first then 1st straight after)
3. Only sometimes the car makes a weird noise like a spinning noise maybe? First I thought it was a wheel bearing but only happens when I rev a certain amount and sometimes when I press the clutch down.
4. I can hear something clunk when I lift the clutch off after selecting a gear. You can feel it, changing gears don't feel smooth. ( I've driven many cars. Owned 5 so I know it's not my gear changing lol)

I don't want to make any guesses to what it is yet,'just wanna hear ur views :)

Thanks In advance!

renault clio 1.4 16v
besides for the oil smell... the gearing problems could be down to a sticky release bearing on the clutch although these cars dont like going into first at any speed much over 10kmh, snoop around the engine bay and have a look for oil leaks, and monitor your oil level, if the level isnt changing then its probably just some spilt oil heating up that you are smelling...

Expression 1.2 16v
besides for the oil smell... the gearing problems could be down to a sticky release bearing on the clutch although these cars dont like going into first at any speed much over 10kmh, snoop around the engine bay and have a look for oil leaks, and monitor your oil level, if the level isnt changing then its probably just some spilt oil heating up that you are smelling...

Thanks for the reply da rok! Il check it out later today see what I can see.