ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox / Clutch Release / Wiring

2000 clio sport 172
Afternoon Members!

So...after a long grind of putting a new gearbox into the Clio Sport, I have come across 1 major problem and 1 minor problem. I'm hoping someone can help.

Major Problem - After putting the clutch cable back on the gearbox lever to test, I pushed the clutch pedal in and heard a wire snapping noise. The wire hasn't snapped though and the lever that sits in the gearbox (that moves the release bearing) and holds the clutch cable in place has a lot if play in it. My friend and I made sure we put everything back together as it should be. We then deliberated again last night (whilst using the old gearboxas a guide) and we still believe we have done everything correctly. It's now looking like the clutch isn't working. After all the work of taking out old gearbox, putting new clutch kit and new gearbox back in; dissapointment and frustration isn't even half of it. For the record, the driveshaft and hub isn't back together yet; I just wanted to rest the clutch. Any ideas?

Minor Problem - Not really a problem at this stage but I have 2 wires which I can't remember where they plug into (I seem to remember one was lose and didn't plug into anything but I could be wrong). I will try and upload photos of both wires.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Colin

2000 clio sport 172
The 2 wires that I'm not sure where to plug them in.

Attachments

• IMAG0654.jpg
    IMAG0654.jpg
    912.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMAG0655.jpg
    IMAG0655.jpg
    986.7 KB · Views: 55

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks for clarification!
Any idea on the 1st problem?
No problem.

Problem 1 sounds like you've damaged the release bearing in some way or another, or it's the fork not in the bearing itself. Take the rubber boot off from around the fork and take a look inside. You will need a torch, but you should be able to see.

Other than that it could be the ratchet mechanism on the pedal assembly. I've not seen it before though personally.

renault clio 1.4 16v
Could also be the pedal, theres a self adjusting mechanism on it that may need to be adjusted