ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox / engine mount

hi

Replacing dog bone mounts and upper engine mount on drivers side, wondering if this will ok to replace the gearbox mount side ? Or suggestions

image.png

Mercury Clio 182
I've just changed mine. This one was easy to do, especially if you have someone to hold the nut in place while you put the bolt back in. The lower mount is trickier. You have to take the plate off, change the mount then fit the plate back in. More of a feel around and hope for the best than a look at it and see what you are doing.

I've just changed mine. This one was easy to do, especially if you have someone to hold the nut in place while you put the bolt back in. The lower mount is trickier. You have to take the plate off, change the mount then fit the plate back in. More of a feel around and hope for the best than a look at it and see what you are doing.
Got any pictures of this lower mount dunno what it looks like?

Mercury Clio 182
Not on the car. Have a look on the ktec website. Then Google it and there's some pictures of it on schematics.

PH2 172
take the upper one off and then do the lower one before you put the upper one on.
I respect what you post from experience,but just to clarify,did you mean the upper engine mount or the upper gearbox mount?
I can see some logic in the top engine mount,because if you lower the sump end slightly,it should take some weight off the lower gearbox mount,making it easier to work with?

dan's cast offs.
upper gearbox mount. the gearbox needs to raise up a bit to get the lower mount and bracket out so if the top mount is in place then you can't raise the box up.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
I have decided to replace this mount myself and taken the battery out today for a 'dry run' so to speak.

If I loosen the centre 18mm bolt and leave the mount in place with the 2 bolts (13mm I think) can I just remove the battery tray and gearbox mount together but leave the spider bracket? Or do I have to remove both?

330i. E30 Touring.
I have decided to replace this mount myself and taken the battery out today for a 'dry run' so to speak.

If I loosen the centre 18mm bolt and leave the mount in place with the 2 bolts (13mm I think) can I just remove the battery tray and gearbox mount together but leave the spider bracket? Or do I have to remove both?

Process to swap that mount:

Battery and airbox out.
Undo 18mm nut. Whack the stud with a hammer (can sometimes take a fair old whack until the box drops).
Undo 2x 13mm nuts. Bolts are captive underneath, but will probably fall out.
Lift mount off.

Install in reverse order. You might need a jack under the box to lift it back up.

You can do as mentioned, but you don't need to take the top half of the mount off the car to swap the mount....

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Process to swap that mount:

Battery and airbox out.
Undo 18mm nut. Whack the stud with a hammer (can sometimes take a fair old whack until the box drops).
Undo 2x 13mm nuts. Bolts are captive underneath, but will probably fall out.
Lift mount off.

Install in reverse order. You might need a jack under the box to lift it back up.

You can do as mentioned, but you don't need to take the top half of the mount off the car to swap the mount....

Great thanks.

Wasn't there the risk of the 2 13mm bolts falling down? My hands will not be small enough to hold one of them in place I can imagine, or does it give more room when the gearbox drops as you have mentioned?