ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox fooked?

172 cup
I was driving up a small hill this evening and the cup popped out of gear, started crunching abit. It went back into first gear fine but didn't go anywhere. Rolled back down the hill and tried the gears again. It was going into all the gears fine but not goin anywhere just revving.
Anyway, I got recovered and the bloke said its the gear box. He's told me a reconditioned one will set me back about £800... Is that right?! He also said its a big job that'll take about 6 hours....
Would it be possible to get mine reconditioned? If so, what sort of price would I be lookin at?
any other info you might think I'd find useful would be appreciated :)

I was driving up a small hill this evening and the cup popped out of gear, started crunching abit. It went back into first gear fine but didn't go anywhere. Rolled back down the hill and tried the gears again. It was going into all the gears fine but not goin anywhere just revving.
Anyway, I got recovered and the bloke said its the gear box. He's told me a reconditioned one will set me back about £800... Is that right?! He also said its a big job that'll take about 6 hours....
Would it be possible to get mine reconditioned? If so, what sort of price would I be lookin at?
any other info you might think I'd find useful would be appreciated :)

Could be clutch, if it was the gearbox a second hand gearbox would be a cheaper option plus, easy to remove and fit the new one yourself.