ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox has retired from active service

Was drving down the motorway yesterday when my valver started jumping out of 5th, would go back in at first but in the end I ended up driving in 4th all the way home, then just as I was getting close to home, mile or less, it started making a horrible scrapping noise, like metal grinding on metal, then just as I pulled into my road the whole thing just gave up.

Now I cant select any gear and its making a horrible racket. Time for a new box me thinks, but anyone know whats wrong with it. Yesterday was the first time its shown any problems so its not been something Ive been expecting.

Well it kinda helps with the mental motor, Gonna whip out the box and engine and work on those instead of buying one and then swapping them over.

Not yet, but gonna get something cheap to run around in, 1.7TD Cavalier in the paper for 250 quid, 6 months MOT/Tax, might get that.

Am I missing soe subtle humour? What bit?