ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox Oil Change

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Although cannot find any info as to when to carry this out, want to do my 16v as its done 66K and want to give it some TLC.

Is it easy enough to do? Any1 used Redline MT90 oil?

matty,

it is fairly easy do as i changed mine about a month ago,

the drain plug is pictured in the haynes manual, but it took me a while to find it, from what i remember it is white nylon and looks like a wing nut !nothing like as i was expecting,

i had to jack it up to get underneath, then lower it to get all of it out, i think it holds 3.5L which cost me around £30 from reno,

one thing i would say is make sure you get the right oil (not the one with fully synthetic written on it) as i was sold a litre of the wrong stuff, so i drained it and put in the right grade.

hope this is of use to you !

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Cheers all. Could not find anything in my Haynes manual about changing or draing oil, just the filler on the side which is also how you check the level.

Will get it on the ramps and have a look. Redline stuff I was gonna get is synthetic and is apparently good for slicker 1st and 2nd gear operation, even from cold.