ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gearbox oil change

clio 172
Hi i know this has prob be said before i cant find it, I want to change my gearbox oil or just check it. I am no hands on man, how much do you think a garage will charge me for this, or over charge as the case may be ? I have never checked it and want too.

330i. E30 Touring.
When you say check it, how do you mean?

You need 3litres. It's no more than half hour's work for someone with the tools and knowhow.

Audi A3
i asked this a while back, the response was basically that its a doddle to do, that easy ive not done it yet :eek:

At least everyone on here knows not to buy a car from you now.

^^this

changing/checking gearbox oil is very very easy. under the airbox on the front of the gearbox is a plastic wingnut undo it(put a tray under the car to catch any if it comes out) the oil should be level with the hole, if not top up with a bit of hose and a funnel. to drain it remove the plastic cover under the car and on the underside of the box there is a plug with a square key hole in it undo and let the oil drain out job done.

rob5gt congratulations this is the first thread of yours i have read and you haven't been a **** (yet);)

hope this helps