ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox options for 182

Renault Clio 182
Hello! I’ve got a Clio 182 and the gearbox is on its way out but I can’t for the life of me find a JC5 130.

Anyone know what other options I have?

Located in the North East of Scotland

Thanks in advance!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Weoclome to the forum first of all👍. You best bet is to remove it and send it for a refurb. There's probably somewhere near you that can do it and someone here will advise in due time but we do have a resident gearbox wizard in @NorthloopCup who you can send it to for refurbishment.
Used boxes are getting expensive these days, even for ones that are in unknown condition.

Renault Clio 182
Been able to source a gearbox from a 172.

Can anyone confirm that a box from an ‘02 172 will be fine in an ‘04 182?

thanks

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
It will definitely fit, only difference is the earlier ones are speedo drive, but your 182 runs the speedo from the hub so both speedo and non speedo drive boxes will work on your car.

Renault Clio 182
It will definitely fit, only difference is the earlier ones are speedo drive, but your 182 runs the speedo from the hub so both speedo and non speedo drive boxes will work on your car.
That’s brilliant mate, thanks for the reply!

hopefully finally get this sorted now