ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox problem development!

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Since I've bought the car I've always found on deceleration changing down into 1st/2nd was always a bit difficult/notchy.

The general opinion on here was syncros could be worn, as the notchiness goes away when the car is stationary. However, recently as the weathers warmer I've noticed sometimes if I slow down and go to change you can hear the usual gear change noise from the linkage, but it makes a slightly higher pitch knocking noise before it goes into gear. Also recently the gear stick has started moving slightly, there is a tiny bit of movement if you shake the gear stick when it's in gear, and if you go off and on the accelerator the gear stick jerks backwards and forwards slightly.

I know the gearstick movement could be caused by mounts being worn possibly? Could there be something wrong with mounts/linkage that is causing the gears to be slightly notchy when slowing down and changing down?