ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox problem?

n/a
Hi all was driving my car around the other day as i have not driven it for a while due to a hand injury. so as it is, i was driving in first gear & i thought i was in second and gave it some beans and the gear stick popped into neutral. Shat my pants thinking my gearbox is gone i took it easy. the next day took it for a drive and when driving in second and third it kept popping out of gear when i gave it some. anybody know what it is?:dapprove:

Vee 6
They are rubber components and sometimes wear gently and sometime just let go. I think the dog/leg link which steadies the gearbox would be the favorite.

Stick it in gear and take up drive with the H/brake on, See how much the engine/Box moves. ( and watch the gearstick )
The gearstick/mech is fixed and any excessive movement will just pull it out of gear.

n/a
ok i will try that but the gearstick does move around like its a diesel car while driving and slight movement at stand still.

Vee 6
You do get a bit of movement on the stick, ( you have to allow for the torque twisting the the engine on it's mounts ) Fingers crossed it's no more serious than a weak mount moving a bit more than normal.

n/a
are these expensive to buy and fit if any of you know. sorry to be a pain people but i swear to god i really do appreciate it :approve: thanks for your help

M

mini-valver

Have a search for dogbone mount dude, will bring up all the answers you need :)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
are these expensive to buy and fit if any of you know. sorry to be a pain people but i swear to god i really do appreciate it :approve: thanks for your help

Just use your old dogbone mount but fit some poly bushe's as they will last longer, and it shouldnt take no more than 30min to fit yourself.

you can get the poly bush from ebay for about 30-35.

n/a
thank you everyone i will have a look into this and have a little search.

Merry xmas to you all much appreciated