ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gearbox problems

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
When i change into 3rd it makes a nasty crunch noise, any ideas? Seems ok at high revs though.

Engine mount worn syncros usualy go n 2nd first.

Migh be the gear linkage needs adjsusting but mounts first.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Could it be the clutch cable or something like that i was reading?

DrRollo said:
Hmmm cost? I only just bought the car, sniff
Mouns usualyl the dogbone one which has gone is £30 or so. check its in the right place though.

Selecter mechanism cheap to adjust get a Haynes manaul shows you how to check.

Gearbox expensive £300 then fitment.

Might be your clutch they can wear depends how its been used. If it clutch is £250~300 have a serach round if its this though.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
There is no haynes manual for the 172, but are they that different to a normal clio? it's had a new clutch fitted about a year ago so should not be that.

throttle bodied mk2 172
i have same problem.3th gear synros gone because of shifting so quick.my bm short shifter cost me a alot of $$$$$$$:(

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Have or had, yeah i decided to give my car a good canning then it happened next day, really can't afford to get it fixed at the moe. arg.

DrRollo said:
There is no haynes manual for the 172, but are they that different to a normal clio? it's had a new clutch fitted about a year ago so should not be that.
Nope get the normal manaul it covers 99
5 of the stuff.
I have a 172 specifica file saying where bits are etc if you want a copy PM me your email address.

M

monkeyman103

Hi edde. Just reading your post. Would it be possible to have a copy of the 172 file. Might come in handy