ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox problems

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
When i change into 3rd it makes a nasty crunch noise, any ideas? Seems ok at high revs though.

Engine mount worn syncros usualy go n 2nd first.

Migh be the gear linkage needs adjsusting but mounts first.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Could it be the clutch cable or something like that i was reading?

DrRollo said:
Hmmm cost? I only just bought the car, sniff
Mouns usualyl the dogbone one which has gone is £30 or so. check its in the right place though.

Selecter mechanism cheap to adjust get a Haynes manaul shows you how to check.

Gearbox expensive £300 then fitment.

Might be your clutch they can wear depends how its been used. If it clutch is £250~300 have a serach round if its this though.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
There is no haynes manual for the 172, but are they that different to a normal clio? it's had a new clutch fitted about a year ago so should not be that.

throttle bodied mk2 172
i have same problem.3th gear synros gone because of shifting so quick.my bm short shifter cost me a alot of $$$$$$$:(

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Have or had, yeah i decided to give my car a good canning then it happened next day, really can't afford to get it fixed at the moe. arg.

DrRollo said:
There is no haynes manual for the 172, but are they that different to a normal clio? it's had a new clutch fitted about a year ago so should not be that.
Nope get the normal manaul it covers 99
5 of the stuff.
I have a 172 specifica file saying where bits are etc if you want a copy PM me your email address.

M

monkeyman103

Hi edde. Just reading your post. Would it be possible to have a copy of the 172 file. Might come in handy