ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox Selector seal repair Help

Integrale1

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Hi
Does anyone have any tips or advice regarding the fitment of the half shell replacement seals that come with gearbox selector repair kits?

I’ve purchased the FEBI 47222 kit as an interim measure to reduce the selector oil leak whilst I sort a reconditioned gearbox our.

I know it comes with a pac man shaped tool to help them go into the gearbox but I’m finding it nigh on impossible to get them in. They just seem to splay apart and not move any further.

Any tips or advice

Thanks

Integrale1

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
To replace the internal bush you do.
This repair kit is designed to be fitted in situ .

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
My best fitting advice is to carefully apply 3000nm of torque to your arm whilst launching it as far as you f**king can because its the biggest pile of s**t and will lead to more leaking as I have found out.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yep, as above don’t bother with it as they are absolutely s**t.

Depending on what reconditioned box you’re after, I may be able to help as I’ve got a couple I’ll be refreshing and selling.

Integrale1

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Thanks guys ?

I’ll be needing a replacement box anyways as the plastic piece of **** has just snapped and wedged in the box, fantastic.