ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gears Of War

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
check out this advert for emergence day spotted in leeds

gears_of_war_sidewalk.jpg

Revels Mum & Sister
Advert Pwns and yes Chris you can do online Co-Op

We need to do a 4 person CO-OP online game. Bagsy I team up with Cletus

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I want this now to play on my HD 42" Plasma, but I've put it down as a crimbo present from the gf, which means I've got to wait AGEs!!

We tried a bit of split screen yesterday on the boardroom 42" Plasma. Full surround sound too. I'm not a fan of playing split screen, but it was still amazing.

The trailer is amazing in the living room with the surround sound and 42", think I'm going to have to revise my christmas list and get this myself!

this is awesome

finding it hard on casual LOL say it all really, up to the berserker bit

the cut scene previous to that outside ambush bit without giving too much away was nothing short of astonishing the graphics are amazing and the chainsaw is the tits :D

this is awesome

finding it hard on casual LOL say it all really, up to the berserker bit

the cut scene previous to that outside ambush bit without giving too much away was nothing short of astonishing the graphics are amazing and the chainsaw is the tits :D

dk

911 GTS Cab
well after nearly cancelling my order for the limited edition tin version from pcworld i kept with it and it shipped yesterday but via DHL so I didn't think I would get it today as it was going to my home address and needs a signature and no-one would be in.

I left a postit note on the door asking the DHL man to deliver it to my work for me instead thinking it was worth a shot but not expecting it to arrive and just before lunch the package arrived!

I have a new found respect for DHL now!

Gonna get on this at the weekend and by the sounds of it finish it too!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I can't decide between the standard or limited edition of this. Prob not worth paying £5 more for a making of dvd, especially when I'm now unemployed :D

Lee

BMW M2C
One of the lads here ordered the Limited edition and it came with two copies of the game. He's going to return it though as he wants his Cliffy B DVD being a bit of a fan boy.

GW RS200
Blockbuster

Blockbuster has it in, if you want to try it out before lashing out a cool £40. Secured myself a copy for the weekend and seems pretty good so far...

S.

Citroen DS3 DSport
So glad I bought this. The game is excellent and has the most stunning visuals I've seen on the 360 to date. The makers of this game really do know how to get the best from the 360.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Nice one, mine should be here tomorrow, been making do with CoD3 all night which I think is a worthy substitute :D

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
just finished it on casual - love every minute of it. end boss is a c**t!

Time to start again on hardcore now and get those COGs

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
im just on act 2. this is the best game ive bought in a long time. i cant get over how great it is lol

dk

911 GTS Cab
i'm going to be controversial and say that i'm not feeling the game at the moment, the controls are not easy to get the hang of for me and i'm not enjoying it as much as i had hoped.

I will have a rest and go back to it later and see if I get on any better with it.

Currently though I prefer COD3

Citroen DS3 DSport
I prefer GoW rather than CoD3. Excellent game so far and the controls are good once you get used to them.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Picked it up today, started the campaign on hardcore mode. Pretty farking hard but OMFG awesome :)

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Is GOW really that damn good? Like, one of the best games ever? Surely there must be flaws? I like to romance inside of my 360 when I get one for Crimbo! :D

it better be.. ive heard they put in 10 million to make it.!!

just seen the trailers.. when the guy sprints the camera moves with it .. gives the feel of really running for cover.. best game ive seen by far.

You lucky sods cant wait to play it at my shared uni house.. should be fun.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Rainbow 6 will be another essential purchase for me. Such a great selection of 360 games available over the past and coming weeks.

I was playing GOW last night co operatively with a mate over live. It was so just bl00dy amazing!

I see there is a new Rainbow Six Vegas demo on Live now, a fully multiplayer demo with a new level, will be dowloading that later!

dk

911 GTS Cab
something i don't like about GOW is that you can only have one campaign on the go, if you start on by yourself and then want to start one with a mate in co-op mode you can only go back to the beginning if you lose all your saved data, thats pretty poor, i want two games on teh go at once, a single player and a co-op.

^^ yeah, thats the only downside, only 1 save game slot allowed. Dead Rising is the same. In the end we used my save game slot (which meant I hosted) as I'm not quite so far into the game. Still brilliant all the same. The Deathmatch levels are really good as well.

The more you play this game the better it gets. The level where its raining outside in the thunderstorm, and you can actually see the rain trickling down the tree trunks in the forest, lightning everywhere... Then a firefight erupts and its back to blowing things to bits, awesome!

Golf GTI 1.8T
Bought a 360 last night and GOW, only had a few mins on casual campaign buts its really good, bit hard for me as I've never used a 360 before but gonna go on live later with 3 mates and try kick some ass! cant wait!

Lol, I just stumbled on a reader review of GOW on IGN. This particular numpty gave it 0 out of 10! Why? Cut and paste below;

"This is a really nice game EXCEPT for ALL the FOUL LANGUAGE, therefore I cannot purchase. Game developers should consider making two sound tracks, possibly able to select a clean version with (NO CURSE WORDS) or the adult with all the Foul Language to be selected in the option menu of all your games from now on. Or developing a TV Guardian Like hard ware that filters out all the Curse word of all the Games. Or some software that can be downloaded into the XBOX 360 that will not allow any ful language or swear words to flow out the sound stream. I have childeren and such lauguage is shameful. Moreover, I don't care to hear such language."

Further down the page from the same person is...

"ONE MORE THING Games Like Ninja Gaiden beautiful graphics, but some of the women are half naked this is like wise shameful, the clean version should have the women covered. The action and story is good, good defeating evil, but video games as a whole is going in a direction that morally corrupt and I mean that in the sense of the Foul Language and the Naked Women."

Honestly, are we all adults here? So you didnt buy the best game on the system (an adult oriented system) because they swear a bit? As for his children hearing it, well it has an 18 cert so he shouldnt be playing it in front of them anyway. One of the reasons I bought a 360 was to enjoy more realstic breasts in games such as DOAX2. Does that make me shameful?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Lol, I just stumbled on a reader review of GOW on IGN. This particular numpty gave it 0 out of 10! Why? Cut and paste below;

"This is a really nice game EXCEPT for ALL the FOUL LANGUAGE, therefore I cannot purchase. Game developers should consider making two sound tracks, possibly able to select a clean version with (NO CURSE WORDS) or the adult with all the Foul Language to be selected in the option menu of all your games from now on. Or developing a TV Guardian Like hard ware that filters out all the Curse word of all the Games. Or some software that can be downloaded into the XBOX 360 that will not allow any ful language or swear words to flow out the sound stream. I have childeren and such lauguage is shameful. Moreover, I don't care to hear such language."

Further down the page from the same person is...

"ONE MORE THING Games Like Ninja Gaiden beautiful graphics, but some of the women are half naked this is like wise shameful, the clean version should have the women covered. The action and story is good, good defeating evil, but video games as a whole is going in a direction that morally corrupt and I mean that in the sense of the Foul Language and the Naked Women."

Honestly, are we all adults here? So you didnt buy the best game on the system (an adult oriented system) because they swear a bit? As for his children hearing it, well it has an 18 cert so he shouldnt be playing it in front of them anyway. One of the reasons I bought a 360 was to enjoy more realstic breasts in games such as DOAX2. Does that make me shameful?

They are surely taking the piss. No one thinks like this anymore, surely?! :S

^^^
Having read his (or her) full review, it looks as if they are deadly serious! If you look at the wording he/she uses, ie "curse words" and the fact he/she approves of "good vs evil", its more than likely written by a bible bashing American... Just the sort the game is aimed at, lol!

White Sti Hatch
Loving the game, Looks amazing and the Unreal 3 Engine is insane cant wait for Unreal 2k7

Anyone been playing online with GoW ?? its a great laugh when you play with a few mates....Same with playing Co-Op