ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gearstick Gator Problems

Megane Cabriolet D+
I was driving to work today, went to put the car in reverse and the gearstick gator popped out from the hole, so i finished parking the car and slotted it back in place & never thought twice about it, when i finished work i set off home, the minute i changed gear it did it again, now ive not been changing gears really harsh or anything like that, but ive owned the car nearlly six months and its never done it before so cant understand why its done it now, im having to keep pushing it back into the hole at every chance i get which is really annoying.

When i push it in, it is making a clicking noise as if it is holding it in place but it still comes out.

So am i not pushing it far enough into the hole? or too far maybe?

Im confused!!

The plastic bracket that holds it in has two locating teeth at the back I think and one at the front. Have a look one or two have probably snapped.