ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

General Question

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
Hi Folks,

Newbie on here been fancying a 172 PH1 a good while and went to see a nice one yesterday with 65k miles for 1500 although the belt has not been done yet so would need to get that done how much would I be looking at to get this done?

Cheers

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
It has good service history but a bit sketchy on the MOT front I have checked the direct gov website and looked at the MOT history it would seem it has done about 4-5k a year on average with a few considerable pieces of work for the last MOT. A few advisories which were tyres (which have since been replaced) and an oil leak

Sounds OK to me, unless the seller's only had it a short time etc.

Do you have any pictures? What's the driver seat & the steering wheel like?

ask them when and if the belts hav been done.....if not,haggle the price;)

as for the mileage don't panic...mines a Wreg and is on 66,000....i have only had it about 3 months,bought it for £1100 and then got the belts done last week,just for peace of mind but the ones that came off were fine

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
Ah alas it got sold on my way to see it again and buy it ah well anyone know of anyone looking to sell one keep me posted preferably in Scotland lol

Ah alas it got sold on my way to see it again and buy it ah well anyone know of anyone looking to sell one keep me posted preferably in Scotland lol
That's a shame :(

Usually whenever I look for a car it's up your end of the country. Hopefully you get a nice one soon.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
It has good service history but a bit sketchy on the MOT front I have checked the direct gov website and looked at the MOT history it would seem it has done about 4-5k a year on average with a few considerable pieces of work for the last MOT. A few advisories which were tyres (which have since been replaced) and an oil leak

What's wrong with that lol I only do 4-5k miles per year!

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
Nothing at all lol, my mate had a 182 FF which was the same situation and a sh'te load of stuff went on it with it sitting for ages thats all, at least I know I want one now as was torn between a 172 and a 205 now I just need to find one the money is burning a hole in my pocket haha