ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Genius Bar...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
My 3G's screen packed up last night. The LCD is intact, but the sensor for the touch screen is non-functional.

Is this a job for the bright chaps at the Genius Bar? I've booked a session at my local Apple Store (Trafford Centre)

I'm right in thinking there is a warranty on the iPhone? 12 months IIRC?

Will they do a straight exchange?

I back up my phone this morning, so i'm covered.

Thanks in advance. :cool:

Is it jailbroken or unlocked? They'll no doubt blame it on that if it is and probably tell you that you've broken it.

Mine was replaced even though it was jailbroken.

Get some covers on it dude. Keep it mint. Better re-sale when the Mk3 comes out ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Apple told me there was going to be no new hardware this year.

It's not like them to lie, is it?

/Denial

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
3G?

Ahh, good stuff. I had a scratch on the back that was bugging me.

One new 16gb, white 3G, please!

Mine was replaced even though it was jailbroken.

Get some covers on it dude. Keep it mint. Better re-sale when the Mk3 comes out ;)

Personally, I roll commando. I don't really see much point in having such a lovely looking phone if it's always covered up. Mine still doesn't have a single mark anywhere on it, after 18+months of being used naked. Mines no-G though. IICR the backs on the pikey phase II iPhone are more susceptible to scratches?

I don't have any covers either. I never have with any of my phones.

Few scratches but I have 2 chunky dents in the top :(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Personally, I roll commando. I don't really see much point in having such a lovely looking phone if it's always covered up. Mine still doesn't have a single mark anywhere on it, after 18+months of being used naked. Mines no-G though. IICR the backs on the pikey phase II iPhone are more susceptible to scratches?

Yeah, the plastic back is easier to scratch than my old 2G.

I bought the white one, thinking it'd show scratches less. My mate's black 3G looks like it's been used for air hockey.

Tappd'd RS
The screen on my 3G failed - replaced by Genius bar no questions asked - nice shiny new unit! :)

Fiat Panda 100hp
Apple are pretty good with this.

Theres a known issue with the white plastic mac books, with the top splitting and cracking, I took it back outside of the warranty period and they replaced the whole top. Amazing tbh.

I went for the anti credit crunch 16gb in black as I've seen some white ones with some dirty hairline cracks.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Apple are pretty good with this.

Theres a known issue with the white plastic mac books, with the top splitting and cracking, I took it back outside of the warranty period and they replaced the whole top. Amazing tbh.

I'm currently going through this with my 6 month old MacBook. Not amazing though.

I've had 3 3G iPhones now. My nearest Apple store is 2 and a half hours away. You can imagine how happy I was to go all the way home to find the Wifi wasn't working at all when I had my second faulty iPhone 3G replaced.