ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Genral Views on the 1.2 16v

ive had my 1.2 16v for 3 months now ive done 8000 miles in it , for a 1.2 it dont go to bad for the engine size, ive had 117mph out of it with 4 people in the car. 0-60 in 11 secs which compared to my astra which was 1.6 with a 0-60 of 10 secs aint to bad . genrally i dont think it is a bad car but something need to be done about the gearbox , its the only things that lets the cars down i think its look s a stunning car i think. and what every people say IT AINT A HAIRDRESSERS CAR !!!

If you got a 1.2 16v what your view on it ?????

bagosh|te

but i wouldnt swap it for anything else

not exactly a performance model, but it has served me well for the last 6 months, doing the job i required from it

cant ask for more than that

i know youre right there its not the fastest thing on earth .Cant wait till i got some NCB for 172 or 16v . im only 18 its and the only thing i can get insurance on is this so im stuck with it

Quote: Originally posted by Pithers1.216v on 30 June 2003

ive had my 1.2 16v for 3 months now ive done 8000 miles in it , for a 1.2 it dont go to bad for the engine size, ive had 117mph out of it with 4 people in the car. 0-60 in 11 secs which compared to my astra which was 1.6 with a 0-60 of 10 secs aint to bad . genrally i dont think it is a bad car but something need to be done about the gearbox , its the only things that lets the cars down i think its look s a stunning car i think. and what every people say IT AINT A HAIRDRESSERS CAR !!!

If you got a 1.2 16v what your view on it ?????
Thats some speed! I was lucky to get 110mph in mine with myself only! Sure you aint go a dodgy speedometer? ;)

yeah i know mine is well out

indicated 127mph

i think 110 is about the most you will ever get out of one

Was following my mate in a 1.2 Dynamique the other day and I was impressed. OK, so he was driving like a nutter down a country road Id never been down and I guess he had the most to prove, but the brakes especially seemed very good. Theres no way I would call the performance hot hatch-like, but Ill bet it handles and brakes far better than a lot of other "sporty" cars.

ive had my 1.2 16v billabong (dynamique) for 3 months tomorow. done about 3300 miles in it. its a cracking car, nice inside, and out. what id say to be very very nippy for its engine size, with quite an impresive acceleration for it too.

its smooth, handles quite well, is able to fly round corners, and the brakes, i must agree are very good.

to be honest, i love mine! (im only 18, id love a cup!! lol )

a god car, excellent for grabbing a bit of NCB. as id say its a nice car.

DISCLAIMER: (lol)
(all statements above are considering this car is only a 1.2, in comparison to other similar 1.2s on the market. i am not in anyway implying that this car is a pocket rocket of any kind, or is in the same league as 172s, etc.)

Ive had mine for just over a year and have done around 14k miles.

The bad points are the awful gearbox which feels like youre hurting it! The sunroof is creaky and the ride is pretty unimpressive. Ive also had starting problems.

The performance is good though, mine has only just really loosened up, the gearbox isnt as bad and the engine pulls well, it can quite happily jostle in the fast lane and the gearing is nigh on perfect. The seats are supportive and comfy and the handling is what youd expect from a french hatchback. The brakes are good initially but fade, i think theres too much travel but i am used to faster cars so im probably being a bit unfair.

I love the looks of the car, and am only changing bits as theres so many around! I have had some problems with the car but it was expected and outweighed by the fact i love it :)

-Rob

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Hmm i had mine for 2 years

34,000 miles of fun and being upset alot but the sounds coming from the box(es)

fecking sunroof is really bugging me

Take it back to reno. They will fit a new sunroof. had to take mine back to reno liverpool twice. Thier policy is that a customer has to come back twice before they order the parts.

Had mine for 4 months now from new, its also a billabong 1.2 16v, like the car a lot had quite a few rattles and a problem with it stalling which they seem to have fixed. The most annoying problems are a squeaky clutch pedal which still creaks after being replaced and the sunroof is terrible, been fixed twice for it creaking and rattling, (its a manual one) going in again Friday, third time lucky (I hope!!!). As for the performance I cant complain plenty nippy enough around town and on the motorway, sits in the fast lane fine, Ive never done above 95mph in it tho and dont want to, the gearbox seems fine, much better than my MK2 Puntos which just didnt like to go into gear. I love the looks and the interior and the level of equipment it has. If Renault could sort the few quality issues I dont think you could beat it for the money!

megane

same here the billabong is a class car daft name put sweet to ride

interiors sweet to ppl keep askin me how much it cost to get it retrimmed:devilish:

i love mine

im 17 and it can beat all my mates cars--1.4 205, 1.1 fiesta, 1.2 corsa, 1.6 astra

i think it is vey fast for its engine size and u can through it into corners, though the back does come out sometimes.

about the roof, take it out (very very easy) and soak the handle in wd40. mine does make a noise now!!!

Bad point is the gearbox, renault say i need a new one, but they wont give me a courtesy car cos im 17.

do u find it wheel spins a lot?

megane

thats sweet that chris

as 4 1.6 astra beater i can vouch 4 that 2 had sum fella the other day u shoulda seen his face

unless he was doin it on purpose

o had me m8 a race in his focus st lets just say he kept level with me 4 a laugh in a straight race :oops:

andy

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

yeah had mine for 3 months and 3000 miles. Nice and smooth, Im pleasantly surprised with the speed of the thing. Has all the equip I need, although Im a bit annoyed I didnt order the air con lol.

megane

pretender i wana do mine the same as yours just so it looks sportier

yours is a beast

andy

ps me mods r e-tech spoiler pi lowering springs(35/30)

grille sprayed silver and 16 v badges billabong badges all removed includin sills and the interior 1

S2 106 Rallye

Tom, on the second page of the Clio Discussion forum, theres a topic called "172 Transformation finally finished", theres more pics up there m8y.

PS Its looking good Sweetkidda, wheels next??

S2 106 Rallye

Yeah I know what you mean with the insurance, think its my area more than my age thou. So you got the free insurance this year right??

megane

yeah next yr though its gona b about 2k as were i live i h8 it here, but also luv it as lpool is a fantastic city:D

andy

Dan whereabouts do you live then? You said youre 21, surely insurance isnt that bad?

Gilly my wheels do spin quite easily, its called too much throttle! Ive only found the rear to come unstuck twice.

-Rob

S2 106 Rallye

Rob I live in Hanworth which is near Feltham, Bedfont etc, its not the best of areas for Insurance. How bout you, where bouts are ya?