ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Genuine alloy wheels

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Hi all,
Making some minor improvements on my mk2 Clio 53' reg and have hit a little snag. When I purchased the car it came with steel wheels and some rather tacky/fake Renault hub caps. These look horrendous, and naturally, I want to replace them with the original/genuine alloy wheels which would have been on this car. I have now spent numerous days scouring the web for a new, refurbished or good condition set of alloys for the car, but unfortunately to no avail.

Could anyone direct me towards any decent sets, or have any contacts then please let me know.

Thanks,
T12

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
I don't think you understood my original post. The car parts section of this website has plenty of alloy wheels, but most are unsuitable. I don't want 172/182 or mk3 alloys, nor do i want aftermarket alloys. Im looking for the genuine Renault alloys which would have come on this model (1.2 16v 53' reg). I think these were either 15" or 16". Ideally, i want a set which are relatively good condition or recently refurbished.

If you could direct me towards some that'd be great, as i have looked all over the web without any luck.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I don't think you understand...

I just typed 'Clio 15 alloy' in to eBay and there are hundreds and hundreds of them.

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Once again I must repeat myself, as i don't seem to be getting anywhere....

I am after a specific set of alloys which were manufactured for this vehicle (not just any Clio wheels). The image below shows the 15" alloy I am after. I am trying to find a full set of 4, all in near mint condition.

mSi_6-EpgdiLo6JmYJNEfMg.jpg

I made this thread so someone who may know of a company or individual who is selling a set could leave me the link/number. Your input isn't really helping at the moment, which is unfortunate, as I believe I've made it pretty clear what I am after.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If I was on my laptop, I'd post links to each and every set on there. There are loads. Loads and loads. Why can't you see what I see when I look at eBay??

Those wheels came on the dynamique, the extreme (as an option) the extreme 4 and the clio campus sport.

I know very well what you're saying, I knew that from your first post. I just can't understand why you think finding a set of standard clio wheels is difficult. They made thousands of the things.

The chances of you finding a 'mint' set are slim but you'll find a tidy set with good tyres for under £200.

Anyway, good luck. You obviously need it.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
There's still loads of those on ebay and also the breaking thread on here in good condition as @Daniel has already said. I got some good wheels with tŷres for £30 each from the local scrap yard. Finding these wheels in a good condition really isn't difficult

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Could you send me a link to some then please?

As your both proclaiming that there are loads and how easy they are to find, but that doesn't help me, as im having problems finding the 'good' sets (hence why i asked for help). New, mint or refurbished is what i am looking for.

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Thanks for your help, that is what i was looking for.