ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Genuine iPhone alternatives.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry if it's been done before. Basically I can upgrade in a months time.

Had an iPhone for 3 years and fancied a change. Are there any phones out there which people think are as good, if not better?

Or should I stick to what I know and get a 4G?

I'm also wary of the impending 5G.

Cheers.

4G? impending 5G?

Neither exist or will exist. Yes I am a pedantic dick.

Every other new phone I've tried recently is just utter bobbins compared to the iPhone and iOS. I wouldn't bother upgrading until the next one is out, stick with what you've got for now.

Polo + Micra
ahh i see all the iapple iheart ifanboys are out in force.

there a good few phones out that are a generation ahead of the iponey 4.

go give them a try and see how you feel (shrug off the ibrainwashing for a bit)

AK

M240i
All the others are new releases though? So you'd really need to compare them against the 5 rather than the 4 ;)

haha it's nothing to do with fanboyism or brainwashing.

iPhones are just better than 92.5% of everything in the universe, let alone other phones. It's a scientific fact.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone know when the 5 is due?

Its just because I've got 3 iphones which are all totally sh*gged and I keep swapping between. Can't see them lasting much longer tbh.

Polo + Micra
haha it's nothing to do with fanboyism or brainwashing.

iPhones are just better than 92.5% of everything in the universe, let alone other phones. It's a scientific fact.

nah not even close. how much of the internet is run on ios?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
ahh i see all the iapple iheart ifanboys are out in force.

there a good few phones out that are a generation ahead of the iponey 4.

go give them a try and see how you feel (shrug off the ibrainwashing for a bit)

A generation? No. The iPhone 4 is over a year old. Still easily out performs loads of android phones.
Yes there are a few smartphones that are (component for component) ahead, but 200mhz here and 4mpx there dont mean a phone is better overall.

Things to consider

1. Are you willing to pay for apps?
2. Are you a drag and drop person?
3. Do you hate apple and cant explain it?
4. are you poor or a pikey?
5. Do you think Adobe flash is amazing?

If you answed no to the first question and yes to all the others Then an iPhone is not for you.

My advice, go to a shop and TRY the phones out. Write a text, Browse the web, Take a picture. Buy the one you like most.

I refused to buy anything Apple
as i couldn't stand everyone wanking over it.

I gave in an bought a 4.

Few mates have got the latest iPhone "killers", they are all complete tarmac, nothing is as well thought out / works as easy as an iPhone imo.

Meg 225
as i couldn't stand everyone w**king over it.

I gave in an bought a 4.

Few mates have got the latest iPhone "killers", they are all complete tarmac, nothing is as well thought out / works as easy as an iPhone imo.

Totally true! Plus the fact that a HTC or any other Android phone feels like a dinky toy when you hold it! I think when you spent s**t loads of money on a phone it needs to be/feel well built when you hold it

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
as i couldn't stand everyone w**king over it.

I gave in an bought a 4.

This, hated the whole Apple thing, but bought a 3gs 2 years ago and have yet to use a better phone, appart from a 4

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A generation? No. The iPhone 4 is over a year old. Still easily out performs loads of android phones.
Yes there are a few smartphones that are (component for component) ahead, but 200mhz here and 4mpx there dont mean a phone is better overall.

Things to consider

If you answed no to the first question and yes to all the others Then an iPhone is not for you.

My advice, go to a shop and TRY the phones out. Write a text, Browse the web, Take a picture. Buy the one you like most.

Flol!

I never quite seen the Apple hate until I bought my 4.

People really do hate apple just for the sake of it. Very sad.

Their loss imo. I've yet to see or use anything that comes close to the 4.

I lol'd at that new lg 3g! Holla pile of shiat!

People really do hate apple just for the sake of it. Very sad.

I did.

Was f**king sick of everyone at work playing on them and banging on about what apps are s**t hot. I was sat there attempting to send a text for the 400003883rd time on my absolute dog s**t Nokia N97 (which at the time was supposed to be Nokias iPhone killer, lulllululllololmao)

Bought a 4 from Apple, was almost hoping for it to be s**t because of the hype/price. f**king love it, never stepped a foot out of line.

2005 clio 182
I hardly ever use my laptop now,I just use the iPhone on my wifi,so much quicker for browsing,the eBay app is costing me a lot of money lately,I keep browsing and buying crap I don't need at lunchtimes at work

Polo + Micra

Things to consider

i see that you used loads of android phones and not all. why is that?

yeah an extra 200Mhz is nothing, but an extra core in the cpu?

yeah i willing to pay for apps but they would only be games

drag and drop if pulling the item off my nas via wifi then yes

hate apple but not going into it on here
oh look there is the pikey/poor comment because you don't own apple products :clap:

don't get me started on flash. the sooner that f***s off the better.

2014 Focus Titanium
Samsung Galaxy S2 and HTC Sensation easily compare with iPhone 4 and on paper out-perform it.

I'm an Apple hater and I have an iPhone. That said, I might buy a 5 in a months time. Still hate Apple though! Lol.

2014 Focus Titanium
i see that you used loads of android phones and not all. why is that?

yeah an extra 200Mhz is nothing, but an extra core in the cpu?

yeah i willing to pay for apps but they would only be games

drag and drop if pulling the item off my nas via wifi then yes

hate apple but not going into it on here
oh look there is the pikey/poor comment because you don't own apple products :clap:

don't get me started on flash. the sooner that f**ks off the better.

Finally someone who speaks f**king sense. Hai5!

Inferno Orange 182
I replaced my iphone 4 with a samsung galaxy s2. it goes like sh*t off a shovel, i've got tons of apps and i always get the free ones only because I'm tight. Iphone 5 may be quicker/better than it but the samsung has a great screen, does everything I want and hasnt fallen apart twice (so far) like the internals on my iphone did...

I also came from an Iphone 4. The Iphone is good, but IOS is old and on the ropes. Apple will have to revamp IOS to bring back customers like me. I have the Samsung Galaxy S2. This phone is very good. I love the larger screen. I did not like they keyboard, but.. being android I could change it to what I liked, not what apple wanted me to like.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I also came from an Iphone 4. The Iphone is good, but IOS is old and on the ropes. Apple will have to revamp IOS to bring back customers like me. I have the Samsung Galaxy S2. This phone is very good. I love the larger screen. I did not like they keyboard, but.. being android I could change it to what I liked, not what apple wanted me to like.

My favourite part.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
nah not even close. how much of the internet is run on ios?

iOS is Unix based. Linux and Unix are cousins. Linux pretty much runs the internet.

If you're desperate for a powerful device, buy an iPhone and jailbreak. You can then have a full Unix command prompt, if you can't do that you're a mongo and should get a £40 Nokia on PAYG.

Android on the other hand is Java VM based and its a f**king joke. Java must die.

I hated everything about Apple.
I hated everyone who had Apple products banging on about them.
I hated most of all the price of these products.
I really didn't think they were worth the money at all.

Then my Blackberry contract ended and I was sick of my Blackberry so went to look at other phones and ended up with the iPhone 4 since it was the best looking/easiest to use/cleanest and I've never looked back.

Glad I spent the money on it.
Talk about being converted !

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Plus the other thing is, if you've bought a load of apps for your iPhone that's a load of dead money now. Because they won't work on another phone and you can't give them to somebody else.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Plus the other thing is, if you've bought a load of apps for your iPhone that's a load of dead money now. Because they won't work on another phone and you can't give them to somebody else.

I bought an app for my iPhone

It transferred to my 3GS then it moved to my 4 it works on my iPad too.

Only paid once. Thanks.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Still amazes me you can't have your own ringtone and text tone on the iPhone.

The iPhone is the only phone I've bought that I've not got bored with.
It's the simplicity that kills the other phones IMO. Ive had two HTC's in between iPhones and I found them confusing/too much going on, yes you would learn over time but they both done my nut in.

Why not jut buy an app because you want to use it?

But pikey sharing.

f**k all the geek speak i don't understand. Anyone without one has to come up with reasons why they got one over an iphone, and looks like a skank in the process.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I bought an app for my iPhone

It transferred to my 3GS then it moved to my 4 it works on my iPad too.

Only paid once. Thanks.

That's not what I was talking about, nor is it what this thread is about. The OP is talking about changing phone platforms. I'm pretty sure you can't run iOS apps on anything other than an iOS device, unless I'm wrong (aside, I'm not wrong). Don't be a mong, Tom.

Polo + Micra
iOS is Unix based. Linux and Unix are cousins. Linux pretty much runs the internet.

If you're desperate for a powerful device, buy an iPhone and jailbreak. You can then have a full Unix command prompt, if you can't do that you're a mongo and should get a £40 Nokia on PAYG.

Android on the other hand is Java VM based and its a f**king joke. Java must die.

so the internet runs on linux (mainly redhat iirc) and not a exspensive deviation of Free BSD ?