ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Genuine iPhone alternatives.

Tbf, I do remember having the Grand Theft Auto tune on my 3310. Took me ages to find a decent website with good number combos.

Ballin'.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
I used to do them for my mates using logomanager and a serial cable. This was years before the ringtone market went mainstream.
Feel a bit of a dick for not exploiting it.

i did mine on a website, u could do so many free a week, used to change it quite a lot... weekly infact.

I used to do them for my mates using logomanager and a serial cable. This was years before the ringtone market went mainstream.
Feel a bit of a dick for not exploiting it.

Yep. My mate and I went halfsies on logomaker but you had to plug the phone in so we used his house as it was close to school. People would come round, change the logo, pay their 50p and it was done!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Do you remeber the texts that only ever worked properly on Nokias that used up all the symbols to make up a picture lol

f**king batty, havn't heard that since Ali G LOL

Lul

d3210.jpg

Note the profile name. Remember all the badmanz renaming them something cheeky.

I had 'Cinema' which was just silent and then 'In Da Club' which just made everything loud.

No idea why I named it that. I was about 14. The closest I got to a club was in my packed lunch.

I remember the site boltblue? Loads of free logos and tones on there. Nokia had such a grip on the mobile market! Can't believe they let it slip. I also had the "Hey gorgeous! You alright what you up to?" text saved in my templates which I used to forward to a ton of girls at least once a week. God I miss those days!

Listerine & Poledo
Goodj Rington = Surfing Bird

You can smell the piss boiling in the office when I have a busy day

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
This sort of went off topic ha. But cheers anyway. All of the phones died and I was in desperate need of a phone so I've had to buy a Blackberry to tide me over. It is sh*te but it'll do untill 5.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
you can have your own ringtone, a bit of editing within itunes and changing the file extension, and jobs a good'un...

Google it

Yeah i know that, but it's not "standard" like pretty much all other phones, and can't change text ones, which is the main one,

I want the Robot ringtone as my text noise :(

182 Turbo Project
Nokia N8 seriously overlooked smartphone Symbian Anna just been released for it and transformed it!

What about all the software issues?

The last N series phone I had was an N95 Black, was a good handset but I don't think I will ever go back to Nokia in a hurry.

I have seen the HTC Evo 3D, am I right in thinking this was just for the American market? It looks epic on all of the reviews/videos I have seen about it.

Liquid Yellow 200 RS
Nokia N8 seriously overlooked smartphone Symbian Anna just been released for it and transformed it!

I've sold around 40 N8 s at work and honestly about 36 I've had back in for exchange or repair, handset was a fail for nokia and tbh the E7 with the anna system isn't much better it's identical software bar menu system icons and a querty onscreen keypad :-/

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
no software issues on mine or my mrs? Maby we just got lucky? Although i cant see how 2 identical phones running identical software can have only one givving issues?anna gives a better web browser, updated social app, updated ovi store and updated maps.i dont know of another handset with a camera in the same class, especially now it videos at 30fps with continuous auto focus, that offers a sat nav to the same quality.thats why i bought it