ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Genuine Mk1 Clio Cup Racer 16V Valver

16v UK Cup Race Car
Not been much going on for the past few weeks as have been travelling a lot with work... however removed carbs, cleaned, new Misab plates, new Pipercross filter.

The car is now in having a new timing belt fitted, then it's off to the rolling road for proper setup.

Hoping to get it out on track in the next month or so...

IMG_6322

IMG_6323

IMG_6287 2

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
That's super cool. Is there a register of surviving cup racers? There can't be many left surely, which looking at yours is a massive shame.

16v UK Cup Race Car
That's super cool. Is there a register of surviving cup racers? There can't be many left surely, which looking at yours is a massive shame.

No register that I know of...

It's actually quite tricky to find any web forums at all for Valvers nowadays. There's an active Facebook group, but that's not the same thing as a proper Forum. The WIlliamsClio forum is pretty dead tbh - lots of tumbleweed. There's something on TurboRenault, but that's not much better.

Maybe we could do it on ClioSport.net? To me, this is the definitive site for Clio's and the site has a lot of active members. I would think this site is the logical place for it.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Looks awesome always like the clio gen 1 cup cars. Just noticed the u clamps on the rear torsion bars and jubilee clips next to bushes on front what are they for ? Stop any possible side movement ?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
No register that I know of...

It's actually quite tricky to find any web forums at all for Valvers nowadays. There's an active Facebook group, but that's not the same thing as a proper Forum. The WIlliamsClio forum is pretty dead tbh - lots of tumbleweed. There's something on TurboRenault, but that's not much better.

Maybe we could do it on ClioSport.net? To me, this is the definitive site for Clio's and the site has a lot of active members. I would think this site is the logical place for it.
Yeah this would be the best place to keep track of the mk1's. The problem is finding the owners and persuading them to participate in it. I also agree this is the no1 place for clio sport on the web.