ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Genuine Renault or aftermarket coil springs?

Clio182
I’m going to be refitting the original coil springs to my 182 to replace the very harsh aftermarket ones which the previous owner fitted. Unfortunately they’re in a rather sorry state - paint peeling and quite a lot of rust.

Genuine Renault ones will cost around £450. Has anyone gone down the aftermarket route, saving a little money but remaining fairly true to the original in terms of handling and comfort?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I’m going to be refitting the original coil springs to my 182 to replace the very harsh aftermarket ones which the previous owner fitted. Unfortunately they’re in a rather sorry state - paint peeling and quite a lot of rust.

Genuine Renault ones will cost around £450. Has anyone gone down the aftermarket route, saving a little money but remaining fairly true to the original in terms of handling and comfort?

£450 seems very excessive. I would go down the aftermarket route, but just better ones. Eibachs are around £170, also have Cooksport, H&R, Grams amongst others which have good reviews from members on here.

Clio182
£450 seems very excessive. I would go down the aftermarket route, but just better ones. Eibachs are around £170, also have Cooksport, H&R, Grams amongst others which have good reviews from members on here.
The £450 was the best price I could find! Maybe worth thinking about Eibachs then.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure if there is any difference between the front springs on 182 and 172 but the 172 is a lot cheaper! The rears are the same i believe.

Eibachs are good, do some research on here and you will find various reviews etc. I think i paid around £450 for my Bilstien coilovers lol.

Clio182
Not sure if there is any difference between the front springs on 182 and 172 but the 172 is a lot cheaper! The rears are the same i believe.

Eibachs are good, do some research on here and you will find various reviews etc. I think i paid around £450 for my Bilstien coilovers lol.
They’re the same, front and rear.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Standard springs are way overpriced, especially as they have a habit of snapping. If you want a mild drop one of the Eibach sets are closest to standard (no I can't remember which ones🙄) or if you want some air removed from the arches I'd go for grams or H&R.