ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

get my new cup tomorrow

cant wait............

last sunday test drove mini cooper s, ctr and a cup.

the cup won hands down.

ordered one last monday.

picking it up 2moz!!!

racing it @ york on sunday ( if its run in ).:)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Congrats mate...

I picked up my shiny new Cup last Wednesday and its been hard work trying not to boot it, as I am running it in gently at first.

My mate tried the "screw it from new" technique on his 172 when he got it and now at 2 years old it sounds like a diesel on cold startup, so I dont want mine to end up like that. Its also no faster as a result, in fact its never been as quick as other 172s Ive driven.

Doubt youll have enough miles on the clock on yours to run at York though?! :confused:

cheers,

it aint gonna be easy trying to be gentle with it, but your right it, probably will make a difference the older the engine gets.

what are you keeping your revs to & for how long,
id figured on no more than 4000 for the first 500 miles then progressivley more till 1000, then I was thinkin of doing an oil & filter change then givin it the old right foot big time!!:)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by ed>cup on 22 July 2003

cheers,

it aint gonna be easy trying to be gentle with it, but your right it, probably will make a difference the older the engine gets.

what are you keeping your revs to & for how long,
id figured on no more than 4000 for the first 500 miles then progressivley more till 1000, then I was thinkin of doing an oil & filter change then givin it the old right foot big time!!:)
Yup, sounds like were on the same wavelength here mate, as Ive not gone over 4000rpm yet (300 miles so far) and will be keeping it like that until 500 miles, then building it up to 1000 miles and dropping the oil.

I plan to keep the car for at least 3 years (until warranty & AA run out) so I do want it to last and be able to run for many years...

Bl00dy hard to hold back though!