ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gettin frustrated part 2

2001 172,VW Touran
i had some new spark plugs fitted to my 172 yesterday and was amazed at how well it performed compared to how it was.To me it seemed as if my misfire troubles had been sorted.When the car was warm i decided to give it a bit of abuse and all was fine until i came to change roads and put my foot down (all in the speed limit).The misfire was back.To me it seems it only does it when its hot

2001 172,VW Touran
if it is the lamda is one way to check is to do a emission test as its not showing on clip

no tests showed it up on mine. it was just a case of the garage unplugged it and realised it was broken, replaced it and cars been fine since.

RenaultSport clio 182 cup
Go onto clip and check list of statuses, it will tell you which cylinder has registered a missfire, at least then you got an idea of either a dodgy plug, or the lead breaking down when warm, easy check for the lead is use a multimeter and check for continuity between sides, hope this helps :)