ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

getting a capri!

ValverInBits
best of luck mate, sounds a good larf.
I'd like to have a pop, but couldnt dream of paying the juice bill for one

80MPG BEEZA
yea esp with this thing about fuel going upto £1.50 luckily it will be a weekend car as when all is sorted my work will be downstairs and i will live above

182 Cup
Try Caprisport for the brakes too, very impressed with the whole set up when they did mine, bias adjuster was handy too.
V8i011.jpg

182 Cup
So much space - I was tempted by a V10 from a Viper before I decided Capri's and me just weren't ment to be!
V8005.jpg

visualize whirled pe
Compomotive ML's 7x15. I'd suggest buying a mint 1.6 laser as your base if you go the mk3 route - hunt around and find one that's been stored. The best of the best should be around £1,700. I would suggest places to look for rust - but it can be simplified to EVERYWHERE!! Rotboxes are all over the place, so take your time looking for the right shell, it will save you ££££ in the long run.

They sure are.

Two areas I'd suggest you definitely check batman, because we spent a lot of time and money buying and welding new panels are:

Front suspension top mounts. lot's of capri's have repair plates here.

Door hinge panel on A pillar. The first sign is the doors drop and it sounds crunchy, this is a tricky repair.

I think the front wings are spot weld on, not bolt on like the ford cortina mk3/4/5. One tip I suppose, when we replaced them we drilled them and used bolts so we could remove them easily in the future.

Like the man said, if you are going to put a big engine in anyway get a 1.6. they are usually cheaper than the v6's.