ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

getting a new car!!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

dont knoe what tour all goin to think but im getting a audi tt 1.8 t 225. i feel i can do more to the engine that a 172 and its more stable. but a bit more cash,

yeah because the TT wasnt know for having stability issues that resulted in a recall and suspension mods/aerodynamic changes made :confused:

engine will be more tuneable though yes.

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 24 February 2005

yeah because the TT wasnt know for having stability issues that resulted in a recall and suspension mods/aerodynamic changes made :confused:
Except in italy where knowone bothered going back for the recall it seems

320d

There having a face lift this year so the prices will drop when the new model comes out

Id wait a while if i was you

MKIII 138

the audi TT 225 1.8T or 1.8T 180 are slower than a 182. there quite heavy cars with the quattro.

Here are some specs..

Insurance Group 18 !

29.7 mpg

Kerb Weight 1515 kg

0 - 62 mph 6.9 seconds - (Man)

Maximum Speed 147 mph - (Man)

so very simular performance but two groups higher insurance, upto 10mpg worse and heavy not so good at cornering as you mite think with the quattro in terms of steering feel and control on the limit.

not any decent bodykits. tonnes of people have one. in fact i went to B&Q last sat and some guy in his twenties with darkshades and a fury coat clambered out of a purple TT it has become a near chav bling mobile IMO.

my advise is get a leon cupra T or R (presumably T to save yourself cash i also think they look better) or ibiza cupra 1.8T or audi a4 1.8T quattro etc..

none of them are much fun and are stale and heavy.

Cupra R is pick of bunch.
BTW whats the bhp per tonne (i.e power to weight) of the 225hp 1515kg TT ?

225bhp and 1515kgs = 148.5bhp per tonne

182bhp and 1085kgs = 167.7bhp per tonne.

best to get a 182?

btw, what does group 18 work out at for you?? your prfile says you are only 18??

Simon.

MKIII 138

build quality is higher but theres a more stripped out back to basics feel in the 172/182 which is exactly what the TT designers were aiming for "Faux Racing Car"

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

insurance is not a problem for me thats all sorted. the thing with the performance is i can get a turbo upgrade for £2500 to take it up to 350bhp and 0 -- 60 in around 5.5. and im willing to do that. then ill race any 182 out there.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

really. to be honest i want a soft top but they look too gay so im goin to try and find a tt soft top and put a hard top conversion onto it

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

cos im also goin for extras on the inside. and if anyone turns around to me and says they dont like the innside of a tt well then thry are stupid. and funny u should say elise thats my girlfriends name

The man wants a TT. Its his choice. The only thing I have issues with is buying a convertible to put a hard top on it and buying a convertible version of a car that was designed as a coupe. Dont bother its gonna be mailto:cr@p">cr@p to start with. All the negatives of the convertible - body flex, heavier due to reinforcement of chassis, looks gay, higher insurance and people laugh at blokes in cabriolets - with a heavy hard top on that makes it look like the coupe. Ok you can get the top down in summer but whoopee do. Top down at 50mph+ is not fun.

If you want a convertible get a porsche boxster. Boring and unoriginal yes but THE BEST roadster out there. Fantastic engine. Fantastic handling. Just a bit pricey to buy/run/insure.

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 24 February 2005
the audi TT 225 1.8T or 1.8T 180 are slower than a 182.

A 225 will be slightly quicker than a 182 on the road I rekon.

I have to say Im not keep on cars looks to much handling, power and light weight are my ideas for a car for me.

But Id buy a 150 hp TT any day.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 24 February 2005

Nope. My mate has the TT225 raced him in the cup a few times now and i pull past him after 50 and stay ahead till far up the speedo.

Quote: Originally posted by aaronc on 24 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 24 February 2005

Nope. My mate has the TT225 raced him in the cup a few times now and i pull past him after 50 and stay ahead till far up the speedo.

Yep Ill agree with that...left one behind one night.

Maybe he was afraid of looking bad so gave up as soon as i started pulling on him

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

guys thats not a problem as il get the turbo upgrade and ecu re-map. there for ud all stand no chance, nor the vees

with the chip they are pretty impressive. i must say that I am so bothered by the look of the car and the stigma that is attached however that I would NOT buy one.

S3 EVERY time over one of those.

as for wanting a soft top - go for the boxter then.

WAS a Valver - what next?

Forget all the above and buy yourself a Honda S2000! IMO its THE only non-gay soft top, with good build quality, great handling and a fantastic engine with great reliability.

Although, at the end of the day, its your money........

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by JasperCTR on 25 February 2005

Forget all the above and buy yourself a Honda S2000! IMO its THE only non-gay soft top, with good build quality, great handling and a fantastic engine with great reliability.

You got shares in Honda? ;)

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by eugegall on 24 February 2005

guys thats not a problem as il get the turbo upgrade and ecu re-map. there for ud all stand no chance, nor the vees
On the M1 maybe....well all just wait until you reach a corner and.....oh, whered that lardy beetle go?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

lol well i wanna spend around £17000 on a car i guess. so can some ppl hel me out something nice,sporty and not gay like a tt soft top

WAS a Valver - what next?

Quote: Originally posted by JasperCTR on 25 February 2005

You got shares in Honda? ;)

Suppose I am a bit Honda biased! Have had a couple and have been ultra reliable and great cars to own. The valver Ive just bought is the first Renault Ive had and Im sure as hell a Renault fan now as well!!! Has totally won me over in only 4 days! An 11 year old car as well!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 24 February 2005

engine will be more tuneable though yes.
To be fair the TTs handling was originaly set up to be more of a drivers car - but it was mainly bought by posers who didnt know how to handle a car and subsequently crashed them which led to Audi offering a free handling modification if the owners wanted it.

It is really no different to the way the Clio Cup was set up to be more of a drivers car with and how many of those have been crashed due to the lack of ABS etc.......

Even Lotus changed the handling of the MK2 Elise to make it understeer and easier to handle due to the number of posers that were buying it.

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by eugegall on 25 February 2005

lol well i wanna spend around £17000 on a car i guess. so can some ppl hel me out something nice,sporty and not gay like a tt soft top

Get a CTR mate. It looks like the daddy and is fashionable without being gay like a TT/S2000/Elise/Boxter. Doesnt matter how good those cars are they will always be driven by posers so the gay image will stick.

CTR feels far more refined and better built than a Clio which I guess is what you are after. No quicker than a 182 but should feel a bit quicker than a 172.