ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting back into detailing again. Suggestions!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
It's been years since I've done some proper detailing. Picking up an abarth 500 in record grey on Tuesday and would love to keep it looking good!
What sort of products should I be looking at?
It has diamond cut wheels also, what's best to use on these?

Thanks

Titanium 182
Are you looking for guidance on brands or products? The Auto Finesse range gets a lot of recommendations, and rightly so, they have a great range!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Specific products would be handy! I've not bought much in a long while! I have a porter cable polisher as well!

Titanium 182
Well depending on your current products, the following are well worth having!
x2 buckets
Clay Bar
Compound and Polishes for your machine (and different pads), I like the Menzerna range for polishes
Sealant or Wax
Iron Out and Tar Remover
Drying Towels
Metal Polish
Tyre Shine
Detailing brushes for paint, wheels and interior

The majority of the Auto Finesse range is very good and reasonable on price

Track 172 Cup
Pic of the car too I really like those little 500 abarths pitty I would look like a sardine in a tin driving one haha.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Depends how serious you want to get?

AF do decent hobbyist products such as sealants, plastic coatings or you go semi permanent with G-Techniq products and ceramic sealants.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing too serious. Ordered some auto finesse stuff earlier. Some new microfibers and a grit guard bucket. Plus a snow foam gun and some auto finesse foam.
I've got around half a tub of dodo juice wax kicking about so going to use that up

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Decontamination is key.

Tar and Fallout removers are essential, Thorough decontamination will then see the best out of your products after.