ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

getting bored of forza 3

Been battering forza since friday and im bored of it now. Am i the onloy one?

I dont know why, i played forza 2 for months but im sttugelling to get the motivation to play the thing lol

I'm still loving it, some people get bored quickly, and some it's down to the single player aspect, get online it's much better.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'm loving it still, not played it much though tbh and not ventured online properly yet!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
But engine swaps ect... could be awesome fun!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Playing a game non stop will obviously wear on you eventually, but at the same time, if you're playing it constantly, you're obviously enjoying it. Give it a break and play something else. The hype of games always fades in time. Like Si says, online opens up a whole new experience.

I'm sure Modern Warfare 2 will get very samey and boring after a while, yet the online element will be delighting folk for months and even years to come, no doubt.

The only single player game I've proper given a rinsing for months on end is Fallout 3. The likes of Batman and obviously footy games I've thoroughly enjoyed, too. But playing them 24/7 will do your napper in.

TBH I'm level 32ish and I feel I've barely scratched the surface. I've not gone on a shopping spree for cars yet, only bought a couple to qualify for events that I've entered. Not tuned anything yet, not painted anything, taken any photos, made and videos, any vinyl groups or set up a storefront etc.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
The single player career mode is shite compared to forza 2, much less to it.

And the online isn't busy enough, have to wait for 10 mins to get a race, but give it a few months,

The only single player game I've proper given a rinsing for months on end is Fallout 3. The likes of Batman and obviously footy games I've thoroughly enjoyed, too. But playing them 24/7 will do your napper in.

Racing/sport games as opposed to something which you either play through the story and then never touch again will always struggle in some peoples eyes when it comes to replay value compared to sandbox games. because you literally are doing the same thing over and over.

The CS Forza lot were still playing Forza 2 2 years in not on the strength of the single player but on the online and races with each other.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
The single player career mode is s**te compared to forza 2, much less to it.

And the online isn't busy enough, have to wait for 10 mins to get a race, but give it a few months,

How is there less to the SP than F2? o_O

There are even more races and tournaments, more variety, and there's drag stuff now too

Odd!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The career mode is far better in Forza 3. You don't have to complete the events in the order you are given them. That's just a quick option.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
The career mode is far better in Forza 3. You don't have to complete the events in the order you are given them. That's just a quick option.

Ey?

I liked the ability to choose when I wanted to complete the races, not just choose from three and then be stuck doing them till completed,

How is there less to the SP than F2? o_O

There are even more races and tournaments, more variety, and there's drag stuff now too

Odd!

Yup much better more circuits, drag (I've not done a drag event yet if im honest though) point to point sections, head to head, more cars. Far more content and far better.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Excuse my stupidity, do you mean on the main menu > Go Race Season play/ Multiplayer, there's an option in there is there?

Go race but instead of season play (IIRC it's event select) go down a tab on the menu and this will bring up the grid with all the 200+ events to choose from.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
LOL, didn't realise that, ignore my post then, thanks,

But the online isn't very busy, or am i doing something wrong there also?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yup. Like has been said regarding Forza 3, you're only scratching the surface with the preset options and layout. You can open it up how you want it.

Online will pick up, official UK release was last Friday, US was yesterday IIRC, not everyone will have pre ordered, some will will be waiting to get paid as it's the end of the month.

Also some of the online hoppers/options are going to be getting added to as it's all server based so more people will no doubt start when that happens. I'd wait a couple of weeks at least before writing it off ;)

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
only play on my xbox a few times a week. usually an hour at a time, so i havent got bored of it yet :D also means i'm only level 8 as well :eek:

Turbos.
Can't say i've got excited as the frothing-at-the-mouth-in-anticipation-geeks on here ;)

Mine arrived on Friday and i installed it on Sunday, but didn't play until last night. The graphics are amazing but it was far too easy, although i suppose it is supposed to be a soft introduction.

Perhaps for me it is a bit 'same old,' there is only so inventive you can be with driving games. The one innovation, the rewind facility, is a joke. This is probably why i'm still addicted to the Ashes Cricket game, because it is completely different to anything else i've played.

I understand it will be better online, but i'm too retarded to set it up and am not really inclined to pay money to play other people. Also the whole paying for paint designs on cars that don't exist, WTF?

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Online will pick up, official UK release was last Friday, US was yesterday IIRC, not everyone will have pre ordered, some will will be waiting to get paid as it's the end of the month.

Also some of the online hoppers/options are going to be getting added to as it's all server based so more people will no doubt start when that happens. I'd wait a couple of weeks at least before writing it off ;)

I still need convincing to buy this Si! Felt easier than Forza 2, but has better graphics and more tracks... just not sure I can be bothered, it's didn't grip me and was playing it all evening...

Dunno, might just get the special edition as my mate bought 2 copies of it and says I can have it for £30...

It has improved on FM2 in every way but if you rinsed FM2 then FM3 doesn't have a whole load of new stuff so in many ways its more of the same but better. Online is very empty which did surprise me, maybe a lot of private races going on? Either way its a sports game without a story so its not going to suck people in. But plenty of fun to be had, especially on Kaido!

Can't say i've got excited as the frothing-at-the-mouth-in-anticipation-geeks on here ;)

Mine arrived on Friday and i installed it on Sunday, but didn't play until last night. The graphics are amazing but it was far too easy, although i suppose it is supposed to be a soft introduction.

Perhaps for me it is a bit 'same old,' there is only so inventive you can be with driving games. The one innovation, the rewind facility, is a joke. This is probably why i'm still addicted to the Ashes Cricket game, because it is completely different to anything else i've played.

I understand it will be better online, but i'm too retarded to set it up and am not really inclined to pay money to play other people. Also the whole paying for paint designs on cars that don't exist, WTF?

You got all the driver aids off and the opponents set to hard? Either way AI is never as good as a decent human player opponent. IIRC Chris still hadnt got to level 50 on Forza 2 a year or so in as he'd been playing almost exclusively online.

Get yourself online homo, as for setting up it's a piece of piss and if lobbies confuse you we'll invite you in to one of ours if you give us your gamertag.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
You got all the driver aids off and the opponents set to hard? Either way AI is never as good as a decent human player opponent. IIRC Chris still hadnt got to level 50 on Forza 2 a year or so in as he'd been playing almost exclusively online.

Get yourself online homo, as for setting up it's a piece of piss and if lobbies confuse you we'll invite you in to one of ours if you give us your gamertag.

You can invite me, I really want to go online, but the only two races I had in 2 hours online were a 2 man race where the guy decided to drive into me because I was winning then he quit, and another race which was pretty shite,

My gamertag is Craigus89

Possibly tonight but failing that tomorrow I expect. Will no doubt be later on though as I've been trying to put an hour or so into the single player before getting online.

Si

RS Clio 172
I'm still loving it. It's the first racing sim i've ever got properly into despite being a fan of them. I've already overtaken where i was on Forza 2. Think the singleplayer is much better set out in that it sets it out in a real time way. Makes you really feel like you're progressing rather than simply picking events off a chart.

I want to get to top level yet... currently 33. Then i want to sort my laptimes out and then play with some cars, play online more, do some drifting and some vinyls. plently to do yet!

I still really don't get people who winge about the rewind feature. If you don't like it, ignor it and don't use it! problem solved.

Turbos.

I need an easy how-to guide!

How much is it to do it, and is there a minimum term?

If your xbox hasnt been connected to the net you'll have a free months worth of Live to use up anyway Rob. Connecting it is as simple as plugging an ethernet cable in the back then setting up your profile for live. Just have to put in the details that it prompts you for and half of that can be cut down if you already have a hotmail account you can attach it to as it will take some info from that.