ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

getting bored of forza 3

Turbos.
Broadband is downstairs using a WiFi hub whilst the Xbox is upstairs in my room... is there a way round having massive lead going up the stairs?

Often it's on a sticker on the bottom of it. Failing that I presume your old man will know if he's set up the firewall/network etc on his PC.

Turbos.
I set it all up. Like i said, i am retarded. Will take a look-see at the weekend. Do i get to pick my own gamertag?

Yeah, you've no doubt put a name on your profile already but if it's something like Rob then it will no doubt be taken. You just pick gamertags and it will check if it's gone or not the same way email addresses do when you set them up.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Broadband is downstairs using a WiFi hub whilst the Xbox is upstairs in my room... is there a way round having massive lead going up the stairs?

Loan me the NSX for a bit and I'll bob down and sort it out for you. ;)

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=372415&category_oid=

Job done, works a treat and no wireless network poor peformance etc.

I do actually have a need for something like that. I take it that they have improved over the years as the original ones from around a decade ago were absolute shat. Your's is ok then, Gareth?

D.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yes I have 3 working in the house at the moment without fault. The ONLY problem with them is that they have to be the first thing in the socket (i.e you can't connect them via a 4-bar) so if your rooms don't have many sockets it can be a bit of a pain as they in effect remove 1 socket from each room. I've got quite a substaintial Wireless network at home which works well, but I didn't want to rely upon it with the Xbox and the missus's PC had a tendancy to be picky with WiFi, so this seemed worth a shot and as said works very well.

Pity the issue with my connection appears to be traffic related rather than anything internal/wireless related. f**king Sky and their over subscribed lines!!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
my Sky connection was 6MB, I recently got contacted to advise me that they would be doing upgrade work to improve my line speed, Happy Days! . . .

Only for my connection to now be 5MB, well done! t*ssers

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yes I have 3 working in the house at the moment without fault. The ONLY problem with them is that they have to be the first thing in the socket (i.e you can't connect them via a 4-bar) so if your rooms don't have many sockets it can be a bit of a pain as they in effect remove 1 socket from each room. I've got quite a substaintial Wireless network at home which works well, but I didn't want to rely upon it with the Xbox and the missus's PC had a tendancy to be picky with WiFi, so this seemed worth a shot and as said works very well.

Cheers m8 - thanks for the heads-up on the point above. I'll probably give a set of these a try then - certainly worth a try at least, imo. :)

D.

tbh I'll be tearing them a new asshole soon, my mates usb dongle streams media better than my net connection. If they can't manage better than the current 0.25 to 1.25ish mb during daytime and evening (getting a solid 6.5 generally after midnight or slightly after) then I'm taking my business elsewhere.

F82 M4
Playing a game non stop will obviously wear on you eventually, but at the same time, if you're playing it constantly, you're obviously enjoying it. Give it a break and play something else. The hype of games always fades in time. Like Si says, online opens up a whole new experience.

I'm sure Modern Warfare 2 will get very samey and boring after a while, yet the online element will be delighting folk for months and even years to come, no doubt.

The only single player game I've proper given a rinsing for months on end is Fallout 3. The likes of Batman and obviously footy games I've thoroughly enjoyed, too. But playing them 24/7 will do your napper in.

I totaly nailed Uncharted 2 since day of release and it never got boring. I really hope it gets GOTY.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
tbh I'll be tearing them a new asshole soon, my mates usb dongle streams media better than my net connection. If they can't manage better than the current 0.25 to 1.25ish mb during daytime and evening (getting a solid 6.5 generally after midnight or slightly after) then I'm taking my business elsewhere.

ouch, that's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. I'd be with someone else already.

It's a pretty new contract I need to sit down and look at the smallprint and see how long I'm tied in for. As soon as the term is up believe me I'm gone. Might speak to virgin as their cable broadband seems to be stable and not effected by traffic/throttling like Sky's phoneline set up.

Have a 16meg line with Sky and have to say its lightning fast ;)

PS3 updates take a few minutes , the xbox live update yesterday took 2 minutes for me but 30mins for a mate of mine!

Couldn't be more happier - sorry:D

Any way heres something to keep the game fresh

A friend and I last night had some good times on Kaido by racing in two evenly matched but very different cars inspired by Evo magazines Clio trophy vs BMW 645CI article.

One of us chose a slow but nimble car with good handling and one of us chose a Heavy, but very fast barge.

It was very close all the way up the mountain yet the handling dynamics and tactics of each player couldn't have been more different.

We used a Camero vs a golf GTI (roughly 200 PI difference in favour of the camero) and a Chrysler 300 CS vs integrale (again roughly a 200 PI difference in favour of the Chrysler)

Good times:D

Punto/Clio GTT
ive only played it twice so far, simply because i dont want to rinse it and complete the career mode in a couple of weeks and then get bored of it like forza 2

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm level 22 so far and can understand getting bored of it, I'm seeing it as more of a continuation of Forza 2 rather than a big advancement. I'm not feeling the new tracks all that much to be honest.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i was racing a 300c in my elise last night, fcuking huge quick thing and not easy to get past!

i would be bored if i'd played it every night since i got it, but i haven't. The only thing which puts me off is the shocking loading times, i swear they are getting longer....

RS 197 CUP - Racing Blue
i was racing a 300c in my elise last night, fcuking huge quick thing and not easy to get past!

i would be bored if i'd played it every night since i got it, but i haven't. The only thing which puts me off is the shocking loading times, i swear they are getting longer....

You should try installing it to the hard drive, little bit smoother.