ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting my strut brace fitted

Liquid Yellow 182
I've just rang up to find out how much it would cost to have my front strut brace fitted and they said £100 + vat as it was a couple of hours work. I thought that was quite expensive, is that about right or could I get it done cheaper than that?

How difficult is it to fit it yourself? My boyfriend reckons he could give it a go, but not sure if I want to risk it as it does involve drilling holes!

Any advice welcome, cheers :)

Maz

LY 200
Think I paid £40 for mine fitted at Demon Tweeks, make sure they paint the holes to stop them from rusting

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
all u gotta do is drill 4 holes !!!, you peoples pay £100 for someone to drill 4 holes in your car, your mad

Liquid Yellow 182
I know, that's exactly what I was thinking it's only four holes, can't understand how they can charge that much and say it's over two hours work.

Cheers Dan, will give you a call mate :)

Chocolate Bar™
i know makavelli had to angle grind a little bracket thing off his in order to get it fitting correctly. he paid somebody to fit it, and the cheap b******s didnt put all the screws in so it had twisted slightly.

M

mini-valver

I dont realy like paying people to do things as you never quite know what theyve done and if its right. I i were you id get your boyfriend to have a go. Little bit of common sense and it'll be easy, if not im sure someone on here would guide you through it!

Liquid Yellow 182
I dont realy like paying people to do things as you never quite know what theyve done and if its right. I i were you id get your boyfriend to have a go. Little bit of common sense and it'll be easy, if not im sure someone on here would guide you through it!
Yeah, I don't reckon it can be that difficult...

M

mini-valver

Place it where it will sit and mark the hole centres, drill them through and waxoil the oils to prevent rusting then get some galvanised or stainless nut and bolts and whack them in!
Ding dang do.....

Place it where it will sit and mark the hole centres, drill them through and waxoil the oils to prevent rusting then get some galvanised or stainless nut and bolts and whack them in!
Ding dang do.....

centre punch the holes first to prevent the drill from slipping

spirit level to make sure its straight?

job done.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
if your fitting nuts and bolts mind, the front shocks will need to be dropped to gain access......