ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting Pee'd off now, starter motor?

Clio 1.4 16V
Okay so drove to work this morn and parked up. Managed to stall it, tried to restart, bit off a chug then dead, tried again and nothing, nada, zilch. So left it and came back this evening, still nothing, so had to bump it. Drove it home a good 15 miles, switched it off then on again and nothing.

So took it to the garage and he ruled out the alternator but mentioned the starter motor. How much am i looking for this, plus as its only a 1.4 (k4j) is it do able by a novice like me?

Any other things to try before he looks at it. dont fancy bumping it till he can look at it friday.

Matt

Renault Clio 182
I have a 182. I drove it in the morning seemed to be fine was in house 5 minutes came bck out wouldn't start. It was the eart cable to the starter motor. Have a look at tht. But my car wouldnt bump start so ...

172 cup, Impreza P1
Is it trying to start or not?

Have you checked the battery? This is the time of year for battery failures.