ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting rid of front fogs on a Cup

Does anyone know where I might be able to get some scoops to fit in where the front fogs normally live?

Might seem an odd idea to some but the way I see it i wont hardly need to use the front fogs and it would make sense to either replace them with driving lights or better still (not to mention cheaper and lighter..)scoops.

Cheers in advance :D

Yeah the Hillpower scoop (2 of) is an option to consider. I just wondered if it would be possible to get hold of a couple of the scoops that the racers use.

Hmm...

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

dont the racers use a scoop instead of the headlight.thought id seen a pic of that somewhere.

easy, done it on mine. Take the mudgards off, remove the fogs, remove the front plastic covers (black bits) carefully. Get from R-sports the previous season cup scoops (the new ones with a bit sticking out will not fit). They fit straight in no problem under the black plastic bits that you clip back on. If you want to get hoses to the brakes, you will need to move the horns and move (or remove) the fuel vapour filter on the drivers side. ducting will be no good generally because unlike the cup racers you will be applying full lock every time you park and that will bugger up the ducting whatever you do.

Anyway, even without th ducting youll get a lot more cold air with the scoops.

HTH

philip

Filters ! LoL! youre being too complicated... How much more crap could you get through a small airduct than you could get normally with the wheel splashing around in muck..

Basically, no filter - you could add a bit of plastic mesh if that makes you feel happier, but theres no need for it

Tappd'd RS

B*stardising the Cup already? ;)

I never had the bottle to do anything - make sure you gimme a look of it once its done!

Cheers.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 22 March 2004

Well having no lights would be illegal
dont need headlights on a racer though do you.ive seen pics of a clio race car with an air feed instead of the headlight.obviously you cant do that on the road but he was saying what the racers used and i thought thats what they did.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 22 March 2004

Well having no lights would be illegal
Front fog lights are NOT a legal requirement and arent even an item to test on the MOT, so there is no problem removing them...

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

i thought he was referring to the racers removing headlights to fit air ducts as that is illegal.looks like ive got my wires crossed.the hillpower foglight scoops seems to be what he needs.

Cheers for the responses.

Ill even weigh them once I have removed them so I can see how much the power to weight ratio has improved by lol ;)

And I will be putting them in a safe place in case I ever sell the Cup and need to put back to standard.