ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ghetto Air Conditioning Delete

Hello again everyone,
It's been a weird few years.
My project is slowly progressing and the interior is essentially finished - rollcage is in and interior resprayed white, new door cards etc.

For various French car related reasons I have had to peel the front bumper off to open the bonnet and while I'm here I thought this would be a great chance to remove the air con. It never worked, the condenser looks disgusting and I have no need for it.

I see plenty of £300 air con delete kits available to remove the air con compressor and retain belt tension, but frankly with the amount this is costing me, I'm not inclined to spend several hundred further pounds to have fewer components. I know it can't be this simple but; what's to stop me ripping out the condenser and all the pipework and just leaving the compressor there, not connected to anything?
There's no refrigerant in the system as it is, so no hazard there.

I know I'm probably being stupid, but I need someone to point out why.

Any pointers appreciated,

Clio 182 by the way.

Dan

@dann2707 you have no idea how much I'd love to take it into the woods and burn it to the ground :ROFLMAO: every time I go near it, something new breaks.
I go to bed at night cursing the name of the guy who agreed to co-fund the rallycross project then pulled out once the interior had been binned.

Not really too bothered about the cooling - the air con doesn't work anyway and it's a weekend/trackday car, so windows will suffice.
All I'm particularly interested in is whether I can rip out the aircon apart from the compressor and not destroy anything. (Nothing more than will disintegrate on any given day, anyway)

monaco 172
I doubt the compressor would engage anyway with no pressure, there's usually a pressure sensor and if too low it won't turn on to protect the compressor