ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Giff Gaff Sims

6/468 17poo
Does anyone use these?

Im currently on a Sim only iPhone with 02 think its like £25 a month, have no problems with it but with these new sim cards it seems you can get the same deal for around £10-15 a month limited text and internet.

My contract with 02 is one of the old ones with supposedly unlimited net too, does anyone use GiffGaff on their iPhones?

link:

https://giffgaff.com/freesim?&_ms=234&_msd=hotukdeals

Boss has just switched to it from o2 I believe, not heard him say anything bad so guess its OK. I think they use o2 for signal so should be the same.

RS Clio 182
Yup, really good cant knock it at all. Cheap as chips really. As it uses 02 signal you shouldnt see any difference in that respect.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm currently deciding between a move from Vodafone to either Giffgaff or Three. Data speeds and 3G coverage on Vodafone have been poor. Ran a Speedtest comparison this morning using a Three PAYG sim v Vodafone.

Vodafone
Download - 1.08Mbps
Upload - 3.49Mbps
Ping - 160ms

Three
Download - 3.56Mbps
Upload - 1.53Mbps
Ping - 79ms

Had I tried the same test in Glasgow city centre then Vodafone would have scored much worse as despite showing 5 bars of 3G signal web browsing on the iPhone 4 hangs. How do speeds compare on Giffgaff?

I used GiffGaff for a month. The internet was crap and I left. Was on Vodafone before and I always got my e-mails through etc. It seemed like GIffGaffs internet wasn't "always on" and spent 10- seconds every time I wanted a webpage like it had to connect. Soon left and went back to Voda.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its o2 so probably not great.

Three speeds are not consistent yet, its either stupidly fast or nothing.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Tesco do £10 month 500 mins 5000 texts 500 data 12 month sim only if that helps 02 network ?
I am on it no problems with signal or download speed either better than orange who I was with before .

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'll try Three and if they are poor I'll look at other alternatives including GiffGaff. I prefer a 30 day contract.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Tesco do £10 month 500 mins 5000 texts 500 data 12 month sim only if that helps 02 network ?
I am on it no problems with signal or download speed either better than orange who I was with before .

£15 month above tarrif on rolling 1 month

I'll try Three and if they are poor I'll look at other alternatives including GiffGaff. I prefer a 30 day contract.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I got Tesco unlimited texts, unlimited data and 1000mins for £10 a month on 30 day contract :)