ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Giff Gaff some questions.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Currently have an iphone 5 on EE and suspect i have quite a bit of contract left, but. If i was to sell my phone and clear the contract is it easy enough to buy a phone and sign up to giff gaff? Currently paying the best part of £40 a month which covers me for unlimited calls, txts and internet etc, what does giff gaff include? I guess i need to do a bit more home work elsewhere but you guys seem to know as much as i need too. Cheers for any help

:).

Suzuki Ignis Sport
http://giffgaff.com/goodybags

They are the goodbags, which you purchase monthly (you can recur them, so it's a bit like a contract) but you don't set up any direct debits or anything, no contracts etc. If you want to switch goodbag, just let it expire then purchase your new one. For £20 you get 1200 UK minutes, unlimited UK texts and unlimited Internet.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Im out of contract and just ordered a giff gaff sim. You'll pretty much get the equivilant £40 contract for a tenner a month.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why not just stay with EE till your contract finishes?

i use giff gaff when I'm in the UK, love the fact it's not a rolling contract so just don't buy a goody bag when I'm in Germany.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I suppose it will depend how much to get out of my current contract. Anyone made a similar move and been happy?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
As thrill has said, your goodybags give you Internet, minutes and texts. And unlimited really does mean unlimited, no fair use limits with GG.

You can't tether with a goodybag though, for that you need a gigabag but that's reasonably priced too.

The worst bit is trying to get away from EE. I've been trying to get my phone unlocked for the last 6 months with no success.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Really, might remember that then as rarely use calls or texts. Data FTW.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

i use giff gaff when I'm in the UK, love the fact it's not a rolling contract so just don't buy a goody bag when I'm in Germany.

It was just a thought really. Do you think its a better idea just to wait until the contract ends?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

EE for a payg rolling contract wanted £23 a month from me for 500mb of internet, 250 mins and txts. Shocking really

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It was just a thought really. Do you think its a better idea just to wait until the contract ends?

I'd think so, because say you've got 3 month left in contract you'll have to pay 3x£40 to get out.

Never had any probs with GG. I do the £12pm goodybag with unlimited data. Used 4.2GB last month!!

It also takes payment for the goody bags each month so no need to worry about buying one.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I need to find out how much i will have to pay to end the contract really, then go from there?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I was with GG for a while and used to distribute SIM cards for them.

Imo, they were a brilliant, cheap network BUT they're cheap for a reason. They have zero technical support and they have/ had lots of technical issues.

In the end I went back to vodafone because I couldn't be bothered messing about with GG for the sake of saving £4 a month

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the feedback. Will give EE a ring later and see how many ££'s i would have to pay to leave.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I've been with them for 12 months, had no major problems in that time. Would happily recommend anyone else to use them.

Thrill how do you tether without the GIGABAG? PM if need be.

Clio 172
3 gave me a good deal on a rolling monthly sim, The One plan for circa 15 a month. Maybe that will be worth a look, can't remember what I got though.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
You can tether, it does work. They just don't allow it. However, I've tethered a bit without a gigabag and didn't get told off. Wasn't much though and I'm not sure how they'd find out to be honest (or would care!)

It's possible to do so, but they can tell that the packets being sent/recieved are for computers and not phones. It is possible to disguise the packets as mobile ones though.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
You can't tether with an iPhone at all iirc?

You can with a gigabag.

It's possible to do so, but they can tell that the packets being sent/recieved are for computers and not phones. It is possible to disguise the packets as mobile ones though.

Didn't really think much into it tbh mate. Just thought, why would giffgaff care if I tether or not? If I was tethering and using 200GB then yeah, they'd probably investigate. I only do a bit, probably a few meg.

BG FF 182
I was with them for 2 years, good prices, but 2 or 3 total network fails was too much, especially on a Friday night about 7pm when you're trying to organise your night out.

Went for a 12 month Tesco SIM only after that, and so far so good.