ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Girls car? (mr2)

audi a6 3.0tdi
I'm considering getting an mr2 when the vectra sells if i like driving them. The plan is to concentrate on uprating all the handling while running standard power and getting used to rear wheel drive then after a while going straight for the stage three turbo kit pushing 240-260bhp at the rear wheels. You have to consider the car only weighs 930kg standard.

below is a few pics of what it could end up looking like

dsc0003copy.jpg

f_17435254_1.jpg

mr2spyderkit.jpg

mr2.jpg

mr2_sniper_bodykit.jpg

Dropped_1.jpg

BLACL.jpg

20090604-SDC12423.jpg

20090604-SDC12493.jpg

I want a black one with red leather and hardtop. Bc coilovers, cusco bracing and the Silvertone rancing turbo.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Guy at work parked his wifes up a lamp post :rasp:

I'd have one tbh, but they are really girly but its rwd, light, great handling and really cheap so who cares, only people who take the mick will be corsa owners tbh.

ZX6R B1H
Guy at work parked his wifes up a lamp post :rasp:

I'd have one tbh, but they are really girly but its rwd, light, great handling and really cheap so who cares, only people who take the mick will be corsa owners tbh.

And evo drivers :p

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
The only MR2 I'd own is the one before that one personally. Some of those look quite good though.

I agree tbh.... When I was looking for a 2 seater a few yaers back, I sat inside the MR2 (newer shape) and didn't like it at all, including the exterior. I went for a MG TF160 in the end and although its not got alot of engine mods out there and it can have problems with HGF, I still believe I made the right decision and never had a signal problem with it in 2 years of owning it.

That said, alot of people don't like MG. So why not have a look at a MX5 instead???.

audi a6 3.0tdi
The mx5 is far more expensive and there are loads about. I was going to supercharge the clio but it makes more sense to turbo an mr2 as its far more likely to be reliable and i like the idea of rear wheel drive for a change. This way i can just keep the ph1 as it is.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That shape MR2 is awful imo.

Rev3 mk2 Tubby is where its at imo.

audi a6 3.0tdi
That shape MR2 is awful imo.

Rev3 mk2 Tubby is where its at imo.

the old ones are big heavy barges, i want something small and light, i would have liked that mx5 of your mums but i've just not got any cash till the vectra sells.

people will see the mr2 and just think its a slow girls car so it'll make it more fun when its running big power.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I wanted my Mums MX5 too!

Promised myself i'd buy it and turbo it if I hadn't sold it by xmas. It got sold last sunday. :(

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the reason there are so many mx5's is because they are just that good, much more fun to drive and better lasting than that mr2... they are rear heavy they snap far to easy and you will find out how easy they are to spin not really the best handling car... i would save more and get a mx5 tbh

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Couldn't care what they look like, couldn't care about the image, couldn't care about the modification potential.

The drive, as standard, is absolutely sublime.

Such beautiful handling & detailed steering.

Wonderful.

audi a6 3.0tdi
Couldn't care what they look like, couldn't care about the image, couldn't care about the modification potential.

The drive, as standard, is absolutely sublime.

Such beautiful handling & detailed steering.

Wonderful.

That is exactly why i'm looking at them. I want something that will be capable of doing plenty of road trips to europe with out any worries.

They do drive very well, I nearly bought one, test drove 2 but in the end couldn't find one that ticked all my boxes, far few out there with no service history, standard wheels corrode like you wouldn't believe. Loved the drive of it, wasn't convinced of the looks though.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
3 and 4th picture....

the-fast-and-the-furious.jpg

Other than that, ignore the image if you like the car get it. It has great reviews for its drive!

ZX6R B1H
were all forgetting w17gle is as camp as christmas anyways so this kinda car would suit him to a T.

:)

ZX6R B1H
Ha ha ha ha thats a typical comment from people who envy the AYC :p

Get a proper Rwd car - E30 M3 evo... your doing it all wrong.

Black Clio GT
i really like the look of the modded ones, f**k spending on a turbo if it looks as good as the ones in the pics and handles well i wouldnt care how much bhp it made.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
MX5 is the better car for me. The MR2 handles well, but it's far more snappy than the mx5. Turbo MX5, learn how to do big skids, not going to get that with the MR2.

ZX6R B1H
The Clio will do that mate easy up to you but I wouldn't bother unless your wanting FWD and RWD cars in your stable.

:)

Matt, i've been telling him this for bloody ages mate... he just will not listen...

He will.... Buy the mr2 and end up using the clio for our little outing anyway lol. He knows how to pedle the little clio well and has no mechanical sympathy for it which makes the car work to its absolute limit and it seems to love it. It needs a couple of quid throwin at it and it can be made into a well posed/setup car.

Granted its old, its a girls car but i do love it so... and it would be sad to see you driving like a t**t in anything else lol.

Last edited: