ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Glaceol RX Type E LDR Blue coolant sent by mistake or genuinely the right stuff?

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
I ordered some type D coolant for both my 172 and rs200 and to my surprise type E LDR was in the box, its bright blue and has a manufacture date of last month. I did message the seller but they just said they do not stock type D anymore as Renault don`t make it, the part no. is 77 11 947 051. Anyone else had this happen when ordering genuine type D coolant? and so is it ok to mix with residual type d?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Never mix coolants. It can crystallise (sp??).

Using a different one is fine, just make sure you flush out all of the old stuff first.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
it's such a saga getting every bit of old coolant out as it likes to hide.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Have you contacted RPD to see if they can get Type D or an alternative?

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
If its the correct stuff I`ll just move with the times and go blue just surprised no one else has mentioned it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
it's such a saga getting every bit of old coolant out as it likes to hide.
Yup. I emptied mine, flushed it, ran it with just water in it for about half an hour. Basically until the fan kicked in, then drained again and flushed what I could then put the right stuff in. Don’t know if that’s the correct method but it worked and it hasn’t blown up. 😂

(My car uses orange coolant and someone had put blue in it and because I’m a nause I couldn’t handle it so changed it.)

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
Best way to flush a clio is to syphon out the expansion tank first with some old airline and have a good look for sediment, if there is any i unbolt the expansion tank as the dislodged bits from that can travel around the system, i also pull the plastic piping away and remove the thermostat and then pull the bottom hose off to try and do it all in sections, I then fill it with distilled water and run it for a bit then repeat the whole sodding process, the thermostat is quite hard to find now so handling that always concerns me.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
@Chocice What seller was it that sent it? I need to order some Type D off ebay today so want to avoid your seller.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
From what i can see it's the newer replacement, but same spec and colour.

Brand New!

This coolant is Green

Direct Replacement to the Type D coolant

Ready for use with protection up to -21 degrees

Compatibility (guideline)

This coolant is suitable for Dacia & Renault models.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
@Chocice What seller was it that sent it? I need to order some Type D off ebay today so want to avoid your seller.
TOMO Motorparts was the seller, I did look at other listings just now and it seems that you can get a new type D but its YELLOW!!!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
TOMO Motorparts was the seller, I did look at other listings just now and it seems that you can get a new type D but its YELLOW!!!
Thanks you ! that is the seller I was about to use as they are the cheapest. Thanks!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Looks like renault are phasing out the Type D coolant which is a shame as I love the bright yellow colour.

I managed to get 2x5L from here:

Im not 100% sure what I will receive is yellow type d though. The picture os Type D but the description says green.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
Looks like renault are phasing out the Type D coolant which is a shame as I love the bright yellow colour.

I managed to get 2x5L from here:

Im not 100% sure what I will receive is yellow type d though. The picture os Type D but the description says green.
I didn't even know it came in Yellow until earlier I thought it was always green.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I had a few sellers on eBay cancel my order last year for genuine type D coolant even though the adverts were still active.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Dealer tried to sell me type e before xmas and i refused it, still had green type d on the shelf.

Id not be mixing it personally. One or the other. You can get similar spec green from a few other places if you want to continue.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Utter W**K as I bought 5L of Genuine Renault Type D today

IMG_0418.JPG

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
The advert for mines said: Renault / Dacia Type D Engine Coolant Anti-Freeze 5 Litres 7711428130 but they sent the new blue stuff so I would wait and see what you get.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure if it was just a production issue or if it is being phased out, it was back order last time I tried to get some from Arnold Clark, seems to be back though!

@aldo_87 got febi bilstein stuff that was the correct colour

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
I called up my local Renault dealer and they said type e is the new type d you can mix it no issues, they said any type d on the shelf will be old stock @MarcB whats the date on that bottle?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Be interesting to see what colour it goes if mixed. Id have to change the lot personally, one or the other.

Theres a few alternatives if you want to stick to green. Febi do a version.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my 1.2 Sport had orange stuff in it when i got it, i flushed it all out, new water pump, expansion bottle, new radiator, flushed out the matrix etc, filled it with fresh type D, few heat cylces later its got an orange tinge to it, drained it all again, flushed it all again, another 5l of fresh type D, its now got a slightly less orange tint to it! its not getting done again!

even the new bottle is stained from the orange condensation!!
PXL_20230816_165624067.jpg

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
if you run it with distilled water for a bit it should get it all, maybe have to do it twice.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
my 1.2 Sport had orange stuff in it when i got it, i flushed it all out, new water pump, expansion bottle, new radiator, flushed out the matrix etc, filled it with fresh type D, few heat cylces later its got an orange tinge to it, drained it all again, flushed it all again, another 5l of fresh type D, its now got a slightly less orange tint to it! its not getting done again!

even the new bottle is stained from the orange condensation!!
View attachment 1678449
Oh yeah look at that, it’s almost like it’s given off orange fumes.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Well, I have a choice to make here. Just stripped everything down and got new coolant hoses (MTC).

Might go blue. Will match the colour of the car.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
* UPDATE *

Just spoke with my Renault man and he has just went to Renault Uk Technical and YES Renault are 100% stopping Type D coolant and changing to Type E LDR.

Luckily my Renault parts guy has well over 250 bottles of Type D coolant to move before he needs to use the new Type E LDR and he had said that he only uses a couple of bottles a month in the workshop.

I Have just managed to buy a decent amount at a good price so I will be sorted for the next couple of years.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
* UPDATE *

Just spoke with my Renault man and he has just went to Renault Uk Technical and YES Renault are 100% stopping Type D coolant and changing to Type E LDR.

Luckily my Renault parts guy has well over 250 bottles of Type D coolant to move before he needs to use the new Type E LDR and he had said that he only uses a couple of bottles a month in the workshop.

I Have just managed to buy a decent amount at a good price so I will be sorted for the next couple of years.
You don't trust the new type E?
From what I've read it's the same spec as the type D and can be mixed with type D. Both go down to - 21

It makes you wonder why they're discontinuing the type D and replacing it with type E though?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I would rather stick to what I know in cars.
I don’t mix coolant and don’t add water.

I normally do a coolant flush every couple of years on my Renaults

What I was told is that it can be mixed but the parts manager would not like to 1000% confirm this as he has not see it or felt with it.

I will put the part numbers into the OE system and get the part specs direct from Renault and see what they say

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Would coolant degrade if you stocked years of it up?
There is a shelf life on it but I think it’s a long long time.

Think of the stock that’s sitting in Renault Uk warehouse and then the dealers that’s been there for possibly months so yeah it will hold but I would not want to be using coolant that’s sat for over 10 years 😂😂

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Check your bottles as the production date and exp date are on them.

It’s on the front of the bottle at the bottom

IMG_0463.jpeg
IMG_0461.jpeg

Last edited:

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Ill get some in stock as invested in green with all of them running it.

Id imagine the type e is fine but i cant be arsed flushing the system fully so it doesnt potentially change a to a dodgy colour.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Ill get some in stock as invested in green with all of them running it.

Id imagine the type e is fine but i cant be arsed flushing the system fully so it doesnt potentially change a to a dodgy colour.

I have a bottle that I have had since 2017 and the EXP on it is 2026 so still have 3 years to use it.
I have managed to get myself a few bottles as with every major service I normally get a coolant flush on my cars and it won't go wrong.

I would rather have 10 bottles that last me 8/9 years or none at all.

Also worth a read from Valvoline

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Ive seen red and blue mixed wrongly. Right mess header tank looked like oil