ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Glass cleaning

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
What sort of cloths do people use for glass cleaning? I find micro fibres hard work with glass cleaner compared with paper towel.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
favourite glass cleaner? 3m seems to have a lot of followers

Honda & VW
Strangly I've found the best cloth for cleaning glass a non statically charged microfibre. This came about when I made a boo boo ages ago and put a batch in the tumble drier. Oh and yes 3M glass cleaner is worth every penny of its current price of £3.49 in Tesco

Strangly I've found the best cloth for cleaning glass a non statically charged microfibre. This came about when I made a boo boo ages ago and put a batch in the tumble drier. Oh and yes 3M glass cleaner is worth every penny of its current price of £3.49 in Tesco

My answer.

Not a 320d
I dont use waffle weave although its one of the best ways. A very short Pile MF cloth is best for me, particularly the Gtechniq blue ones or similar. A good glass cleaner is also important - 3M as people have mentioned is good, but it aint got s**t on AF Crystal. Ill be buying a bulk tub of it once my current 500ml is out.

I find Crystal also have some "leeway" in terms of how filthy the glass is in the first place. Where as 3M would take me multiple goes to get it clear, Crystal is done in the first go, even on an outside window thats dirty.

VX Astra
Dodo Juice Mint Merkin is the one that has good feedback on the site.

You're better off staying away from the normal microfiber and anything deep pile, you want something alot shorter to be effective, apply with one side buff with the other seems to be the best application method.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Where in tesco is the 3m stuff, checked both my local stores can't find it anywhere?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Is the 3m stuff in an aerosol? As I was expecting something in a dispenser like AG Fast Glass.