ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Glass

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Ahoy detailers.

My astra coupe doesn't have a rear window wiper. Is there a product i could use to kind of slicken the window up so the water came off easier when on the move? I've tried rain x but doesn't do much.

Cheers

Bumder With A Buffer
Yep +1 on the carlack stuff Ben...I have it and once you get to about 30mph you dont need wipers at all! I had it on all over winter and just kept topping up...Hardly ever used my wipers...seriously!

Be a bit different as yours is the back but should still do the trick.

Bumder With A Buffer
If you need any help deciphering the german as to which Is the cleaner and which is the sealent give me a shout. Mine was all in frigging german on the front but the instructions on the back were English!!!

Bloody Germans! :)

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
go to an evans halshaw and ask for duxback to be applied, its like £25 but it last a year on side or rear windows, and 6 months at least on the windscreen as the wipers eventually wear it off and then its usually only £10 for a reapplication.
i had it on my c4 and again on my volvo and its good shizzel, they stole it form the glass makers for boeing, it mad hit 35 mph and its like gravity is turned off and the water just rolls off the screen, wipers are only really needed for road spray. it stops ice forming down to -5 on the glass, so its always just wipes off with a squeegee,not the scrapers which is nice. if it starts to loose its effect wash the screen with some soapy watter andit ifs like new.

Bumder With A Buffer
:) Let me know how that stuff works...Be good to compare it to the Carlack stuff (which is bloody awesome to be honest!)

see it works lol
3 coats of c3 on glass and a coat of c1 on wings and bonnet apparently

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3772.jpg

IMG_3771.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer
Thats what mine looks like with carlack....obviously its more expensive though. Im always after cheaper alternatives :)

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Hmmm I do like cheap. If I go for the german one I'll give you a shout rich so I don't do it wrong way around and c**k it up lol

my glass stuff arrived today along with the spray carnuba my patio doors now self clean :D

and my speakers and tv are oh so glossy and deep :D

you can get c1 you just need to contact rob on detailing world he just holds no responsibility if you screw up ;)

my glass stuff arrived today along with the spray carnuba my patio doors now self clean :D

and my speakers and tv are oh so glossy and deep :D

you can get c1 you just need to contact rob on detailing world he just holds no responsibility if you screw up ;)

Is that his name on DW? Just Rob?

Pm me if necessary, Ill pm him tomorrow.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
I've finally purchased the carlack stuff and I put it on at the weekend. Looked good this morning, I've not driven it yet but I've got high hopes

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Getting a bit cosy in here.

3 layers of G3 on the front! Boooom!

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
I think it needs a few more goes, but I've noticed a definite improvement. I want the Light speed effect:cool:. I'll wax the hell out of it lol.

Bumder With A Buffer
I think it needs a few more goes, but I've noticed a definite improvement. I want the Light speed effect:cool:. I'll wax the hell out of it lol.

Whack it on the windscreen and as soon as this baby hits 25mph it should fly off. Mine has only recently decided to stop running off after being on for 4 months +...the side windows still bead but not the front.

Hmm just looked at the price of the G1.. £8.90...im tempted to try it for that price.

As a noob with the Gtechniq stuff why are there 3 different ones for glass??

STEALTH RAIDER
Whack it on the windscreen and as soon as this baby hits 25mph it should fly off. Mine has only recently decided to stop running off after being on for 4 months +...the side windows still bead but not the front.

Hmm just looked at the price of the G1.. £8.90...im tempted to try it for that price.

There is only 2 isnt there?

GTD, Lupo

Richy where have you seen it for £8.90??? Cheapest i can find for the small bottle is £37.99?

Bumder With A Buffer
  Bumder With A Buffer
http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/exterior-coatings/g1-clearvision-smart-glass/

£10.44 inc VAT for 15ml

Ive got G1 on my glass, fantastic for the sides and rear, i kind of hate it on the front, i cant have my window open a smidge in the rain because the water just sheets off and comes inside the car!

Works well faultlessly though.

Need to try more of there products.

The clio is terrible for that! USed to get that when using the carlack kit.. luckily on the EVO the front pillars sit forward an inch from the windscreen so it runs up and over the roof. I dont want a second shower of the day FFS!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I've been trying to decide what to get for the last hour or so, G1, G3 or the Carlack stuff.

Do you need a specific cleaner for the G Techniq products?