ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gleaming S2 Rallye

Trophy #490
I know the Rallye and its GTi sibling are popular cars on here, so I thought I’d share a few more photos of my immaculate garage queen!

After changing its oil, I rolled it out of its garage and took it for an obligatory blast. It’s such a great car to drive; no power steering, no ABS, and so much better without! You're an integral part of everything as it's just so involving, but it's its steering that's most impressive.

It’s covered over 126,000 miles now, but it’s showing no signs of its age just yet. I've kept a monthly diary of all costs, so if anyone's after a Rallye and wants an insight into ownership, have a read here: http://joshtimlin.blogspot.com/

002-4.jpg

011-3.jpg

005-3.jpg

030.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely machine mate, not the biggest fan of the seats but I bet they feel perfect when driving.

I'd like an S2 at some point.

120d M Sport
Love it Josh. Enjoy reading your blog.

Something about these little cars I just love. Most my car-enthusiast mates have got GTIs/VTSs, don't see many rallyes about though.

Trophy #490
No, it's standard in the back. I've kept the standard front seats too but they always had a tendency to give me chronic back ache on lengthy journeys, so I chose to replace them.

Regarding their worth, I doubt mine's worth a lot. It's completely immaculate and its history is extensive to say the least, but I doubt I'd get more than £2500 in all honesty. Then again I don't really want to sell it, as there will be the usual case of it being worth much more to me than anyone else. I'm sure a lot of people can relate to this as well as they get attached to inexpensive French hot hatches! There's definitely a following with them though with their rarity, and in its current condition I'd like to think it's one of the best around.

120d M Sport
Yep, feel the same about my GTI, I'd get 1800 tops for it but to me it's worth more than that.

Keep up the good work and the blogging. From your blog suggestions I'd reccomend the decat but not worry so much about sorting the idle, yet to come across a rallye/GTI that doesn't idle slightly lumpy.

Trophy #490
Yeah, the previous owner said it's a characteristic that many have. I took that with a pinch of salt at first but it turns out he was correct, so it's quite nice having a GT3-style throbbing idle knowing it's not a problem with the car! A decat's definitely on the horizon, and maybe some R888s as it makes sense as the car simply doesn't get used if the roads are wet.

Has your GTi got a decat on it? If so, did you notice much difference with regards to noise and throttle response?

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
beautiful mate having a s2 rallye and a r26 means you have the newer versions of my cars.

120d M Sport
Yeah, the previous owner said it's a characteristic that many have. I took that with a pinch of salt at first but it turns out he was correct, so it's quite nice having a GT3-style throbbing idle knowing it's not a problem with the car! A decat's definitely on the horizon, and maybe some R888s as it makes sense as the car simply doesn't get used if the roads are wet.

Has your GTi got a decat on it? If so, did you notice much difference with regards to noise and throttle response?

Yeah haha it used to bug me at first but I've had a lot of reassurance on it and have kinda grown to love it!

I had a pugsport decat exhaust fitted about 6 months after I bought the car, not a massive instantly noticeable difference but after a few drives you start to feel it just opens them up a bit, goes through the revs a bit keener perhaps, particularly towards the top end. Proper raspy sound too! Worthwhile in my opinion.

172 Cup
Nice rallye dude, i have always had/always will have a huge soft spot for them and would like to own one at some point!

Nice Rallye! I would definitely have another 106 if I needed to downsize. Awesome cars!
Lumpy idle is just part of the character... My GTi was slightly lumpy, but only cut out once or twice - and it always fired up again straight afterwards, so it wasn't a problem.

clio 172 sport
absolutely stunning mate,had two rallye's years back a s1 and s2 :) really rare now and awesome to drive