ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Glidetrack System Arrived!

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Ok this is more video based geekyness but meh!

Been looking for a decent dolly style setup for a while that is easy enough to transport. I was going to make one myself but time is such a pain right now so I asked around and the same name came up every time.

Bought me a 1 meter Glidetrack SD system. A rail and a slider for videos.

Quick sample that I did
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93osRz7UCmE

Now need some sunlight and a nice system to edit on!

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Yeah some do go over the top, no need for every scene but I have some ideas on what I want to do with it for the summer. :)

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
So this is a basic attempt after leaving the pub and had to be somewhere so is kind of rushed so not too fussed about the niggly bits but its more fun than photography I reckon! Think I have converted to a new area of creativity, bit more tricky than I thought though!

Here it is
bmwn.jpg

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgzf729Ob6E

14' Leon Cupra 280
I've been looking at them too last week, again like yourself seeing if I could make one! Have you got a pic of the whole setup, i.e. on tripod? Not cheap, but over a few years of use it'll be worth it.

Oil Burner
Nice video. Its missing some really nice shallow DOF and pulling focus. Nice way of keeping movement without overdoing the tracking shots (defiantly too many in that video.... but you know that)

Quality seems superb, albeit not HD in that video. Only gripe would be the video doesnt seem smooth. Not sure if you lowered the frame rate or if its something compression related.

Storm Grey 200
I really fancy something like this. looks like a good peice of kit.

How do you do those shots seem to go in on a curve, say front of car through to looking in the window, sort of an s shape curve?

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Cheers all. Only reason why its kind of sticking is me getting used to the system. Still a big learning curve. Dont worry, will get better. :) Too many glides does get boring but this was more a quick muck about.

Going to try another today.

It was with a Giotto tripod mounted on a 1m Glidetrack rail and a Giotto head on that for the Sony NEX-5 with 18-55.