ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gloss black grille

MG ZR 1.8
5284f96d-8818-692a.jpg

Excuse how dirty the car is lol

What do you think?

MG ZR 1.8
Now I can't decide whether to do my bumper strip gloss black too...? What do you think?

Something a bit different...

I was Going to colour code, but metallic paint is such a bugger..

MG ZR 1.8
i know, i was the same :)

id either spray your bumper strip the same as your grills or just keep bumper shining it up. it will chip anyway so the black on the black wont show up as much as the metallic paint.

So you reacon the gloss black will look ok?

I hate that they're like faded. Can see it more now the grilles shiny haha

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
thats the way to go! looks much better. I got carried away the other day, I only meant to take my front moulds off to respray ... Then the rs grill, then the diamond!

MG ZR 1.8
thats the way to go! looks much better. I got carried away the other day, I only meant to take my front moulds off to respray ... Then the rs grill, then the diamond!

Haha yeah I do that too. It's addicting. I resprayed my sisters badges while I was doing the grille too! Haha

MG ZR 1.8
Had some spare time and decided to spray my side and bumper strips a gloss black. They looked aweful against the gloss black grille. I think it looks alot tidier!

5c12d3c5-ed19-1cfd.jpg
5c12d3c5-ed2c-5ac5.jpg

The sarcastic I love speedbumps sticker, an a torn Splitter! Haha. I have a fabia one in the back just haven't got round to fitting it yet.
5c12d3c5-edba-a5ff.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
yes, it would look good imo. its easy to do aswell as the shape isnt too hard to shape around.

fit it first though and see what you think. the splitter might tie in with your bumper inserts and not need carbon vinyling.

MG ZR 1.8
yes, it would look good imo. its easy to do aswell as the shape isnt too hard to shape around.

fit it first though and see what you think. the splitter might tie in with your bumper inserts and not need carbon vinyling.

Yeah. Can always take it off again to wrap so Its not exactly a problem.
:)
Thanks !

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive done this with mine too, all my plastics were looking a bit sorry for themselves so i bought a few tins of paint from halfours and went at it. car looks soo much fresher and better now! been a while now thoug, could do with another coat.

MG ZR 1.8
Ive done this with mine too, all my plastics were looking a bit sorry for themselves so i bought a few tins of paint from halfours and went at it. car looks soo much fresher and better now! been a while now thoug, could do with another coat.

5c12d3c5-4304-144c.jpg

It does. Completes the look. So much better than the tired grey!

MG ZR 1.8
yes it does indeed, what else have you done to the clio?

Lowered 60 front 40 rear, referbed the headlights, ktec super sports exhaust, A stupid amount of cleaning polishing and waxing, cold air intake ducting (will take a picture)
Fabia Splitter to be put on the front, gonna do some car park dent removal soon too.

There's more that I've done but I can't remember off the top of my head the rest lol