ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gloucester Photoshoot

172 Race Car
IMAGE_299.gif

Lol, you're giving away all my trade secrets now Jay! :rasp:

Hopefully we'll try a few more rig shots soon in more interesting locations, and I might even have my redesigned rig! (but I doubt it :()

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
excellent shots, and all nice cars. should be pleased with yourself mate!

Qashcow
gret pics dan, if you have any more of mine and you'd like to email me them, feel free lol.

ive got some pics i can load up, but they're all of the 'how too' variety :p

Thanks for the comments guys, its nice to know all the hard work paid off lol!

And thanks again for the you guys who let me shoot your cars, and putting up with me all evening! I did tell you it would be a lot of faffing about! ;)

great pics, you goin to be taking some at the RR?

I was thinking about taking my camera, but If I was going to take any photos they would be more 'snapshots' of the day, nothing like a proper photoshoot that I did in this thread.

PS: I assume you mean the Powerstation RR day?

E87 118d M Sport
let me know next time your snapping if you want a monaco =D
would LOVE some pics of that quality of her!!!!

Yeh no probs!

The more people who are willing to let me shoot their cars, the more practice I get, and hopefully the better I get too!

The only thing is, I really wouldnt want to do a massive shoot with loads of cars. Mainly because its a load of hassle, and also it can be quite boring for people when their car isnt doing anything. Obviously I wouldnt be shooting every car all the time, so theres a lot of waiting around, and faffing about between setting up the shots (as Im sure the guys from this shoot will tell you! ;))

But Im more than happy to do a lot of local stuff :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Your pictures are awesome! By far the best car photo's on the forum! Would be good to hear about how you took them, post production etc. I know i'd certainly be interested!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Awesome pics mate! What lighting setup where you using on the first shot?

Thanks AR, much appreciated!

The lighting setup was very similar for the static shots, I use two 500W flashes.

The shot with the two ph1s was a composite in photoshop, as I only have two flashes, I had to light each car separately, then merge them in photoshop.

The rig shot was done in the same way as in another thread Ive posted. The shot Jay posted shows my rig, on its shorter setting.

Post production is pretty simple really, I try to tidy the cars up as much as possible, this involves removing nasty reflections, scratches, flies stuck to the bumper.......anything. I would then adjust the levels to how I want the shot to look, and for the portrait shots I applied a neutral density filter in photoshop to get that dark moody sky.

Any other questions, feel free to ask :)

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Just looking through them again Dan, AWESOME! Gonna need to get some moving shots of mine like you did with Jays. All the faffing around was well worth it, was actually kind of fun!;) We'll av to do it again soon when we all have abit more time to play with. Would av to bring some food next time, i was f***ing starving!

lol dan! Yeh Id be up for doing it again soon, ideally I'd like to have a bit more time in total so that I can take my time with each shot to make sure they are as good as I can get them :)
Oh, and I'll try to get my flash receivers fixed so we dont have 'that problem' next time, it was pissing me off as much as you lot!

I'd love to get some rig shots of your car, I'll try to think of some interesting locations for those shots. One location we could try is the multistory carpark. There would be a few advantages of doing it there, it's quiet, it doesnt matter if the weather's s**t, and I can control the lighting to a certain extent.
Remember when we did the first session and we tried to to rig shots, it was just too bright for it. In a carpark it would be much better.

Maybe we could go there one night, hows friday night for you? ;)

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Yeah, im free on friday night mate. Finish work at 12.10 pm so have a few hrs to give the car a once over! :cool:

Yeah, im free on friday night mate. Finish work at 12.10 pm so have a few hrs to give the car a once over! :cool:

Cool! The weather looks like its going to be crap, but if we go to the multistory then it wont matter :) We can give the cars a quick rubdown there if we have to.
What time do you reckon it will be REALLY quiet? I wouldnt mind trying the rig stuff while there is still a bit of daylight, and then again when its almost dark (outside).
What we could do is start with some rig stuff, then do some statics, then more rig action :)

Didnt you say you had a certain connection with someone at the multistory?

And I might have a trick up my sleeve for lighting the car when its dark for the rig shots, as obviously I couldnt use the flashes :)

What ya reckon?

Qashcow
might get the tic-tacs on if we do another one soon. need to get to jays first to pick up something before i can get the wheels off.

not sure i can do friday but will check tonight, sunday nights prob my best this weekend

^^ That would be awesome! They would look insane when lit up well.

It would be great if we could do it on a day when I wouldnt have work the next day, as then I could do the photos the next day so you guys wouldnt have to wait ages! ;)

Dave, did you do the photos in your avatar in the car pak we're on about, is it kingswalk?