ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gloucester Photoshoot

Thanks again guys :)

One more for Dan :) Forgot I had this pic, Im still going through others!

DSC_0380.jpg

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Cool! The weather looks like its going to be crap, but if we go to the multistory then it wont matter :) We can give the cars a quick rubdown there if we have to.
What time do you reckon it will be REALLY quiet? I wouldnt mind trying the rig stuff while there is still a bit of daylight, and then again when its almost dark (outside).
What we could do is start with some rig stuff, then do some statics, then more rig action :)

Didnt you say you had a certain connection with someone at the multistory?

And I might have a trick up my sleeve for lighting the car when its dark for the rig shots, as obviously I couldnt use the flashes :)

What ya reckon?

Can deffo do the friday night. Cant do saturday but am free all of sunday same as bomber if u wanna do it then. If we do the night shots sunday i dont mind, ive got work 6.00am monday morning but i never go to bed before midnight the night before! Dan we wont be in any rush for you to get them on the forum soon as. Take as much time as you want to fiddle with them.

Cool,

I meant that Id take my time at the shoot itself, I was rushing a little bit last time, and that shows a bit (at least to me it does!)

I'd be up for some late evening shots on friday in the multistory, I should be able to get some good static and rig shots in there :)

Cheers mate. This is gonna be my new desktop background!:cool:

lol, whats your screen resolution?, I'll make a proper one up for you :)

Cool,

I meant that Id take my time at the shoot itself, I was rushing a little bit last time, and that shows a bit (at least to me it does!)

I'd be up for some late evening shots on friday in the multistory, I should be able to get some good static and rig shots in there :)

lol, whats your screen resolution?, I'll make a proper one up for you :)

Sweet. Friday night for the multistorey, then sunday for the other stuff. My screen res is 1024 by 768

you are a legend by the sounds of it mr!

Comin to the rolling road day mate? Its on May 30th @ POWERSTATION. Can meet a few of the locals then. Think Dan is taking his camera to take a few stills. If you dont fancy running ur car on the rolling road, just turn upto the meet!;)

Mk7 Golf, Daytona600
yeah im planning to mate. hopefully i can drag james along too (if hes not working) :D

If thats the date you text me earlier i think im working :(

i'll try and book it off though.

I'd be up for coming along on a friday to watch if that would be ok? and im sure Mikey P would come along too

Qashcow
should be able to get the tic tacs on tomorrow night now so friday night at the multi story is a goer :) can go dogging after maybe too

i'll get my photos on asap dan, im struggling to get my PC, camera and internet all in the same place at once this week lol.

the multistory in pics/avatar was around the corner from where dans taking us, but we can try both

should be able to get the tic tacs on tomorrow night now so friday night at the multi story is a goer :) can go dogging after maybe too

i'll get my photos on asap dan, im struggling to get my PC, camera and internet all in the same place at once this week lol.

the multistory in pics/avatar was around the corner from where dans taking us, but we can try both

Awesome :)

Not to worry about the photos, I'd just be intrigued to see them lol!

Yeh we'll have a look at either, will we have to pay to get in?
I'll talk yo you and Dan probs tomorrow to make sure we know what we're all doing, but Im thinking of getting there at about 7ish, and staying for couple of hours (but it could be longer!) Of course it depends on how busy it is etc...so we might have to see when we get there.

Am I right in thinking that on of the carparks has an open top floor? ie. you are outside

Awesome :)

Not to worry about the photos, I'd just be intrigued to see them lol!

Yeh we'll have a look at either, will we have to pay to get in?
I'll talk yo you and Dan probs tomorrow to make sure we know what we're all doing, but Im thinking of getting there at about 7ish, and staying for couple of hours (but it could be longer!) Of course it depends on how busy it is etc...so we might have to see when we get there.

Am I right in thinking that on of the carparks has an open top floor? ie. you are outside

The kings walk car park has an open top floor. By the time we get there every1 should of gone by then.

E87 118d M Sport
all of the multi storeys in glos have an open top floor.
do you know the NCP car park that you can see the cop station from, off southgate street. do you know the one i mean before i blab anymore

all of the multi storeys in glos have an open top floor.
do you know the NCP car park that you can see the cop station from, off southgate street. do you know the one i mean before i blab anymore

Yeah i know the one mate. Bout 60 yards from the police station.

E87 118d M Sport
yeah. on top of that one.
as you come UP the last ramp, directly above that there is the start of another up ramp, that has 2 spaces on it, but doesnt go anywhere obviously (cuz theres not level above it) i think the car parked on an angle on that bit would look lush. youll know what i mean when you see it if you cant picture it

Incredible photos, as good as the rig shots are, the Cup one (post #84) is absolute perfection. Nice and simple, great lighting, great background.

In the quest for perfection (because you're nearly there, clearly) can I suggest framing the car centrally in the very first shot. There is more space at the back than at the front, which means it doesn't quite work for me (personally, always better to leave a bit more space at the front than the back), that's a horrendously nit-picky comment, but I hope you take the comment in the spirit it was intended!

Inspiring set of shots. If you're not already on Flickr I strongly recommend it if you want to take things further. Whilst I shoot more motion-based stuff, I've been contacted by Mosler and Farboud about work for them in the past just on the strength of them finding some of my shots on Flickr. Well worth it, imo.

Last edited:
I hope you take the comment in the spirit it was intended!

Inspiring set of shots.

Of course, tbh I had noticed it that much until you said that lol!

Its weird, I been working on these photos for a while, but it's amazing how you miss even basic things like that because im concentrating on the tiny details (that probably wouldn't get noticed anyway!)

Thanks for the comment though, it's good to have some positive criticism!