ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

go faster pedal

Fiesta RS Turbo & Pug 206
On my 172 when i put my foot down it stops at a ponit near the bottom then with a little more of a press it goes down a little bit further and yes it does go faster, is it some sort of extra release for when u really need it or do i just have a sticky mech on the pedal ??

Ben

Black-Gold 182
My 182 does the same. I think it's a peculiarity of the "fly-by-wire" system on the throttle - doesn't have any affect on the power (it doesn't affect the full-throttle point, unfortunately!)

I'd be interested to hear other peoples views on it though. I'd like to be proved wrong!

ST
Theres a speed limiter built into the car mate...

For example, if your going a long motorway drive you can set it to 80mph, meaning the car won't go over 80mph when cruising so you don't get into too much bother with the 5 0 as up to 80mph is mostly tolerated these days on the motorway.

But if you have to overide the speed limiter and you press the pedal beyond the 'sticky' point the car will speed up IIRC.

ST
The car needs to be going at at least 30mph IIRC, the switch that you press upwards to set the cruise control, press it downwards and you + or - the speed with the buttons on the steering wheel.

Drive as normal, do a test run with it, go along a road thats maybe a 40, set the speed limiter to 40, accelerate and it'll sort of hit an electronic limiter when it gets to the set speed.

arrrr right well im missing one thing then ............those buttons on my steering wheel , i would of thought havin the 172 mk2 i woul dhave it but maybe not then

Ben

also one thing i forgot to mention as well , does everyones 172 / 182 seem to have a power increase at about 5000-5000 rpm when foot is to the floor ? as mine does ,

ST
Ben the cruise control wasn't a standard feature on the 172 until the some very early 52/03 plates IIRC, it doesn't have traction control either, again a feature on the later 172's.

At 5k the cam profile changes, just before people start banging on about V-tec, VVT-i etc.

VVT-i is on from alot lower down the rev range too IIRC.

Yes its a variable valve timed engine but its a bit different from V-tec etc.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
At 5k the cam profile changes, just before people start banging on about V-tec, VVT-i etc.

The cam profile doesn't change at all at 5k iirc, it's just hitting it's optimum rpm, or as some say it's now "on cam".

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
Ben, i have the same thing with my accel pedal, when your flooring it then it can go down a bit more, i think its some kind of spring thing, its been the same on both my ph2 172's

Ben, i have the same thing with my accel pedal, when your flooring it then it can go down a bit more, i think its some kind of spring thing, its been the same on both my ph2 172's

strange innit , but if it makes my car go fast er then ahmen :approve:

FF-Cupped 182 '05
Can this resistance on the end of the accel pedal be removed? Don't like it at all and I never use this speedlimiter nonsense anyway.
There must be a spring or something which creates this resistance :S ?

M2 Competition
Then it doesnt do anything.

All the cars had it, but only on the ones with cruise control does it do anything.

lol! Its actually in the clio handbook this. Like Alan says its to take off the c/c. Look it up in that section. It says fully depress the loud pedal to take it off.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Can this resistance on the end of the accel pedal be removed? Don't like it at all and I never use this speedlimiter nonsense anyway.
There must be a spring or something which creates this resistance :S ?

use a non RS pedal lol.

We used my old one on bmh.01s car when we were testing.
It doesnt have the clicky bit towards the end and pedal travel is smaller too!