ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Go pro roll cage/bar mount

I've borrowed what is believed to be a genuine go pro roll bar mount to test out in my car to ensure it has the flexibility to do what I wanted.

It does, so I've gone to look at buying one and I'm now wondering whether it was actually genuine after all. It's got a soft lining between the two parts which grips my cage really well. I fear from looking at images of the genuine ones, that they don't have that.

I shall grab a photo of the one I've got and hopefully someone will have the same and be able to identify it.

I didn't want to just grab an £8 off ebay and hope for the best, or buy a genuine one if it's no better.

What are people using with success?

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Haven't got one in stock to double check for you, but the genuine pushbike ones have 2 rubber dampers that line the inside of the clamp.

edit:
just looked through the 2015 dealers directory, and the rollcage mount mentions nothing about dampers.
best bet, get it and line it with something, bit of rollcage foam or an old bike innertube that's been cut up

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
We can't get near that Halfords price.

The margin on all the GoPro stuff is so small we don't even bother to push it, just a case of it sells when someone wants it.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I've got both mounts at home.

The bigger roll bar mount has rubber on either side of the clamp. The smaller handle bar mount doesn't.

Both genuine mounts.

I've got both mounts at home.

The bigger roll bar mount has rubber on either side of the clamp. The smaller handle bar mount doesn't.

Both genuine mounts.

Very interesting. I shall take a pic of the mount later on and if you could compare it to yours and identity it as the genuine one then that would be brilliant.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
You can see here the genuine roll cage mount has a strip of rubber lining the inside.

Attachments

• go pro mount.jpg
    go pro mount.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 81